Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

HM Boarding Party, last boss bug?

iamnoobplzhelp
02.13.2012 , 04:58 PM | #1
So we did HM Boarding Party last night, we killed the main guy first, and his ads ended up killing us. We "completed" the quest, so we were not able to get back in the instance and loot the chest, which sucked. Is this a known issue?

What order should we kill them in? It seemed that if we killed the medic, the other two would enrage. And the last boss is un-tauntable. He would just launch his mortar at everyone.
Server: Mask of Nihilus
Main: 50 Madness Sorcerer - Build
Guild: Noobz (We are recruiting!)

Radinal
02.13.2012 , 05:01 PM | #2
I've experienced this as well, on more then one occasion, and in downing the mobs in various orders has not changed the fact that one the middle one dies you will not be aloud back in if your whole party dies

Felcat
02.13.2012 , 05:05 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by iamnoobplzhelp View Post
So we did HM Boarding Party last night, we killed the main guy first, and his ads ended up killing us. We "completed" the quest, so we were not able to get back in the instance and loot the chest, which sucked. Is this a known issue?

What order should we kill them in? It seemed that if we killed the medic, the other two would enrage. And the last boss is un-tauntable. He would just launch his mortar at everyone.
Enraging is based on Time, not kill order, so if you are wiping because of the Enrage your DPS is low.

Security Chief Massey (the one who shields the main Boss) is tauntable, but he drops agro just a bit faster then taunt's cool down ends, so he's the one running around.

I've done the first two ways, the first is Medic -> Chief -> Boss, the second is to ignore the medic and just kill Chief -> Boss. As the tank I would try to stun and interrupt the Medic as much as possible.

iamnoobplzhelp
02.13.2012 , 05:15 PM | #4
It seemed that Massy was always running off attacking someone else.

We tried killing Massy, then Medic, then Boss, but his shield overloads if you kill Massy first. It seemed right after we killed the medic the other two would instantly enrage. We killed her pretty fast, so I don't think it was a timer. I may be mistaken, we only tried this way once.

The last try we just killed the boss, and the tank (me) died right after we took the main boss down, so the other party members went down pretty quick. Pretty annoying to say the least.

If we report the issue is there a chance that we could get the loot back?

DarthDemens
02.13.2012 , 05:17 PM | #5
It is a bug, and its being fixed in the next patch.

Quote: Originally Posted by 1.1.3 Patch Notes
Flashpoints

Boarding Party
In Hard Mode, players are no longer blocked from re-entering the Flashpoint in some circumstances when the group is defeated during the encounter with Jorland.
Oh, great . you live on in our hearts!
Comprehensive Guide to Space Missions

iamnoobplzhelp
02.13.2012 , 05:23 PM | #6
Sweet!