Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hard Mode Esseles

Paelos
02.13.2012 , 10:19 AM | #1
I'll start by saying I've run this instance successfully 5 times before this weekend. However, this weekend I went into the place with 3 people and absolutely could not beat the last boss. Why?

1 - 4 times he targetted our healer with the saber throw hitting him with both shots. That instantly killed him.
2 - The rest of the time, he'd one shot people with the stuff on the ground. Normally this is L2P territory. Except as I watched one of our ranged die 3 yards away from the edge of the circle, I realized that the something else was at play.

We couldn't get out of it. Unless people just ran around contantly, you were going to die. He also would force choke me, drop the circle under me as a tank, and insta-kill me.

Stuff like this in hardmodes makes them not fun. Insta-kill mechanics or lag or bugs if that's what they are, make them not fun. I don't like seeing "do or die" stuff in hard mode dungeons simply because the unforgiving aspect of these mechanics don't play nice with latency or server timing issues.

Flain
02.13.2012 , 10:23 AM | #2
I have also noticed behaviour like this on some occasions. The damage sometimes cause by the double saber toss cannot be healed. Sometimes one hit can crit you for more than your whole health. I am convinced this is a bug, but of not the damage seriously needs to be tuned down. I also sometimes have noticed that no matter how far out of the circles you are you get hit by the lightning. I'm not quite sure if this a lag problem or just a bug, but it sure is frustrating.

Ruuprect
02.13.2012 , 10:34 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Flain View Post
I have also noticed behaviour like this on some occasions. The damage sometimes cause by the double saber toss cannot be healed. Sometimes one hit can crit you for more than your whole health. I am convinced this is a bug, but of not the damage seriously needs to be tuned down. I also sometimes have noticed that no matter how far out of the circles you are you get hit by the lightning. I'm not quite sure if this a lag problem or just a bug, but it sure is frustrating.
I have come across this as well. No matter how far away from the lightning you are you get hit. This seems to happen about 2/3 times as I was able to get out of it sometimes.

I will tell you what someone else told me that seems to work. If when the circle drops you strafe out and then jump as soon as you get out of the circle I have yet to get hit by the lightning doing this.

These stupid bugs need to be fixed in the HM FP's, there are a lot of them and they make some of them unplayable, even with the best group of players.

Paelos
02.13.2012 , 11:03 AM | #4
It basically broke the camel's back for me. I don't tolerate these kind of mechanics in what are supposed to be approachable content before even raids, made even moreso by the fact they don't work correctly.

I noted this in my exit interview while I run out the clock. I will resub if things get more updated, fixed, and corrected but I just can't have fun like this.