Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lucas-Jar Jar, genius?

Nyo-Than
02.13.2012 , 06:32 AM | #1
As an original Star Wars kid I detested all that was Jar Jar, but I brought my 9 year old to see Ep 1 3D this weekend and he laughed every time Jar Jar did something and said he really enjoyed the movie and couldn't wait for Ep 2 3D to come out. Lucas = Genius

Nidza
02.13.2012 , 07:29 AM | #2
I was a kid when ep 1 came out (I'm 20 now don't remember when it came out) but I always liked jar jar,he is goofy but in a good way.

kalimarr
02.13.2012 , 08:59 AM | #3
Yeah I never liked Jar Jar. But taking my young niece and nephew too see the prequels when they were only little made me appreciate it all from their point of view.

Because Lucas made up a silly character with a funny voice who does stupid things and appeals to children doesn't make him a genius though I'm afraid.

Liquidacid
02.13.2012 , 09:54 AM | #4
I never had a problem with Jar Jar... I mean in a galaxy with over 20 million sapient species odds are that at least one of them will be retardedly stupid and annoying.... hell if you gather a group of just 20 individuals odds are at least one will be mindbogglingly annoying so I'm surprised there aren't a lot more of them in SW
"bibo ergo sum" ( I drink, therefore I am)

Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at.

MustrumRidcully
02.13.2012 , 10:02 AM | #5
I am sure kids like Jar Jar. But I believe there could have been ways to make Jar Jar less annoying for adults and still just as funny for kids.

Horridioes
02.13.2012 , 10:43 AM | #6
Weird, I watched the movie when I five years old and I don't remember him being funny but that could be because the movie was ten times more intimidating and looked more serious at that age. I do remember Darth Maul looking more evil in my memories. Also the death of Qui-Gon always stuck.

Jmannseelo
02.13.2012 , 10:52 AM | #7
The more the humorless "film snob" type of fans hate Jar Jar, the more I love him. He is muy muy bombad.

PibbyPib
02.13.2012 , 10:53 AM | #8
My 9-year-old nephew thinks poop is funny.

Nine year olds aren't often a good barometer-- that's all I'm saying.

Chuckskyline
02.13.2012 , 10:54 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
I am sure kids like Jar Jar. But I believe there could have been ways to make Jar Jar less annoying for adults and still just as funny for kids.
You know Kids turn into Adults.

And using the Nostalgia goggles.. Those kids turned Adults will love Jar Jar...

the same reason why we love R2/c-3po

Liquidacid
02.13.2012 , 10:56 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by PibbyPib View Post
My 9-year-old nephew thinks poop is funny.

Nine year olds aren't often a good barometer-- that's all I'm saying.
well no kidding... how would a 9 year old be used to measure atmospheric pressure.. well maybe if you feed them a lot of mercury... tho that might be considered morally questionable
"bibo ergo sum" ( I drink, therefore I am)

Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at.