Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Book of Sith: Secrets from the Dark Side.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Book of Sith: Secrets from the Dark Side.

Cypherix
02.13.2012 , 08:38 AM | #21
I just got home from work to see a Sith holocron sat on the table.

The holocron seems much cooler than the Jedi vault as it closes itself and looks awesome!

Can't wait to dive into the book!

KianTremayne
02.13.2012 , 08:47 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by DanWallace View Post
Hi guys -- I'm actually the writer of Book of Sith, so I'm excited to see these comments. I hope people like it and let me know if you have any questions.

I haven't put as many hours into TOR as I'd like but am currently leveling a Sith Inquisitor.

Dan
Well, I'm waiting for my copy to arrive from Amazon, but thanks in advance for your hard work in giving us Sith heads something to meditate upon

My only question is whether I keep mine at home to inspire me while playing TOR, or on my desk at work so my colleagues can see that here is a senior call centre designer with the full power of the Dark Side at his command.

... and no, I can't afford a second copy to do both!
The original Tremayne, with a blog over here

Rayla_Felana
02.13.2012 , 08:57 AM | #23
Hi guys -- I'm actually the writer of Book of Sith, so I'm excited to see these comments. I hope people like it and let me know if you have any questions.

I haven't put as many hours into TOR as I'd like but am currently leveling a Sith Inquisitor.

Dan
If you actually are Mr.Wallace, I must say, bravo good sir, bravo.

You have absolutely caught the ways of the Sith and pictured them in clear detail for all to see, the Book of Sith, is absolutely outstanding, where I would normally refer to Mr.Karpyshyn's Darth Bane trilogy, I must now refer to your book.

You have put the facts of canon and mixed them in perfectly with character opinions, a truly informative novel about the Sith if I have ever seen one.

My most treasured piece would be the notes of Darth Revan and the Great Galactic War, much more knowledge about them now than ever before.

I would also like to state you have fit the Great Galactic War/Cold War in perfectly, the fact we now have statements from Darth Sidious himself, makes this entire era a lot more important in my eyes.

I could sit here and type all day about why I love this book, but I think in short it would be better to say, thank you, thank you for restoring my faith in the canon, it seems much more fluid after reading that, and it does a great service to all Star Wars canon in my eyes.

- A diehard Star Wars fan from birth.

Mechavomit
02.13.2012 , 08:59 AM | #24

Dan
What do you mean "you're the writer"?
The Sith wrote the book, everybody knows that.

Wheezal
02.13.2012 , 10:19 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Mechavomit View Post
OMG!! Dan is a Sith!!

DanWallace
02.13.2012 , 10:32 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
If you actually are Mr.Wallace, I must say, bravo good sir, bravo.

You have absolutely caught the ways of the Sith and pictured them in clear detail for all to see, the Book of Sith, is absolutely outstanding, where I would normally refer to Mr.Karpyshyn's Darth Bane trilogy, I must now refer to your book.
Hey, thanks very much! I'm glad you liked the different authors of the book. I admit the Darth Malgus section gave me the most heartburn since I wrote it about 12 months ago well before the actual game was out, and didn't want to step on any game canon. Hopefully it all fits pretty well.

But the Sith are an interesting bunch, and have changed quite a lot over time from vast armies to the "Rule of Two," so it was fun creating a single book that captured all those different points of view.

Thanks again!

DanWallace
02.13.2012 , 10:34 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Mechavomit View Post
This is true!

I only transcribed it, from what the Sith Lords told me.

Every night. In my dreams.

undeadsithdread
02.13.2012 , 10:55 PM | #28
This is true!

I only transcribed it, from what the Sith Lords told me.

Every night. In my dreams.
good good now you need to wear a robe made of gold.
Sith assassin Forever!