Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

HM Flashpoint - False Emperor

Strifegambit
02.12.2012 , 10:32 PM | #1
Hi guys, my guild ran a false emperor HM for the first time the other day and got very frustrated on the ship boss, some reason we just could not down it, was curious if anyone knew any guides for downing HM Flash Points.
I have done HM BT and i only dinged 50 yesterday as a merc healer, but this fight was just frsutrating us and seemed to get knowhere, even with us nuking the ship with the turrets and trying to stack the boss on the ships red missles, are we missing something ?

Also a quick list of which flashpoints are easiest to complete to hardest if thats not to much trouble ?
What we do in life... Echoes in Eternity

Tommass
02.12.2012 , 11:00 PM | #2
Use the turret every time the ship comes in, don't stand in the red target circles, and interrupt/run out when he does his flamethrower aoe.
<MalumFactum>
ADULT PROGRESSION PVE + TEAM-PLAY PVP

visit our website | learn more about us | submit your application

FobManX
02.12.2012 , 11:28 PM | #3
Yeah the key to the fight is paying attention to the ship. I noticed that it always starts in the middle so just be ready to run to that turret. Should have at least two people(ideally both your DPS)run to the turret in case one gets grappled.

Other then that, it's cake. Don't stand in bad stuff, interupt, etc. Once the ship goes down it's basically tank and spank.

Ithalo
02.13.2012 , 12:08 AM | #4
I like to look at this fight in a 2 phase system.

Phase 1 (When the ship is up)

At the beginning of the fight your tank should immediately grab aggro on the boss and if possible try to interrupt his grapple and try to interrupt his flame sweep when he does it (he does flame sweep throughout the fight and should be interrupt as much as possible). But in case they miss have both dps run for the middle turret. Most likely one of them will be pulled to the boss (usually the closest one to the turret). Once you activate the middle turret the ship moves away from the area and begins targeting the tank with aoe targets. They should keep moving out of the targets and keep aggro on the boss. At this time aswell the boss will have a shield up where he absorbs all damage (I believe it disappears after it takes a set amount of damage so its a good idea to have the dps attacking the boss even tho it doesn't hurt him). When his shield disappears this is a sign that the ship is returning to the area. Someone should reactivate the middle turret to push the ship away again.

It takes 5 turret shots to down the ship

Phase 2 (Ship destroyed)

This is the burn phase where the dps need to down the boss. The tank still needs to interrupt flame sweep. And another thing to be aware of is he will have a knock back. So he may charge a dps and then knock them back similar to a merc's rocket punch, so avoid standing near the edges if possible. If the boss charges a dps they should move away from him to avoid being hit by the flame sweep if he gets it off. Otherwise it is a simple tank and spank situation.

Hope this helps
Azurox
Leader of Knights of Corellia
Jedi Guardian: Defense Tree