So Nerf to Surge will make the most OP class even stronger!!!!

shahmat

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arh people still QQ'ing over sorcs/sages because they can't play.

I am not sure if I should laugh or cry because it's sad, and yes my main is a sage.

But I have leveled an vanguard up now, and you know what, it's not the sorcs/sages I have trouble with in pvp, they are so easy to counter/lockdown if you know how to play.

Edited by unipwn

The hybrid spec is for INSTANT cast chain lightning. Alacrity has no effect on instant cast spells.

And no cooldown force lightning which ticks quicker with Alacrity.

Alacrity is more useful than people give it credit for, just requires a lot of it to become noticable.

And no cooldown force lightning which ticks quicker with Alacrity.

Alacrity is more useful than people give it credit for, just requires a lot of it to become noticable.

If you are a healer yes, but as sage dps it is pretty bad. Only your pebblestorm benefits from alacrity and is not worth it.

and a lot of the other abilities you have already have a cast time on 1.5 sec and when alacrity doesn't help on GCD there is absolutely no reason to get alacrity as dps sage

So the ONE class in the game that --could-- care less about crit dmg ( Sorc/Sage ) is now even stronger, as they have sick dmg without the need for a single crit above 2k as is....

If Sorcs could care less and other classes could not care less, why is this going to be good for Sorcs and Sage?

Sounds about right, he's not complaining about Anni Marauders stacking DoT's on him that heal the attacker, then finishing it off with a big Crit..

Marauder DoTs heal for pitiful amounts. Your Madness/Balance spec also has a set of talents that cause your DoT crits to heal for 2% of your health. The exact same thing we get. Annihilation Marauders also cannot crit that much over 4k. Our hardest hitting attack does around 4100 against 0 expertise players when in Rakata/BM gear. It'll be a lot worse post-patch since we rely on surge a lot.

sages/sorcs stack surge like everyone else.

My guess is this: OP lacks fundamental math skills or is extremely biased.

Everyone stacks surge, but the degree to which classes will be effected is extremely different.

Every single class has talents that effect crit damage multipliers, or crit percent, these both make surge a far more attractive stat.

I've already posted how the different classes are effected, and listed their individual talent that make surge a better stat for them.

Hybrid sorcerers are effected the least by a pretty wide margin, the only talent they've got that effects crit is a 10% on force lightning and lightning strike. Compare that to a sentinel's 30% extra multiplier increase on dots, 21% extra crit percent crit on dots, 6% crit on everything else, and 100% crit on dots during zen and it becomes pretty obvious that the surge nerf is going to effect them a whole lot more than sorcerers.

and it's a small nerf anyways. you will get rid of some surge and replace it with another stat for minimal loss.

surge needs to be removed completely imo. whoever thought of that stat should have been fired.

At 400 surge it's almost a 15% difference in crit multiplier

Edited by Aidank

This really isn't an issue for the PvP forums, it's an issue for the general forums. Itemization in this game sucks. A lot of stats are near useless due to high DR curves, or class/game mechanics: Alacrity, I'm looking at you. Other stats have steep DR curves which are easily met with currently available epics (like Crit).

Surge had the best DR curve and the best point per percentage increase ratio. So it was the best secondary stat to stack for most specs, along with Power.