Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unable to Receive Password Reset Email

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Unable to Receive Password Reset Email

HighRolaCola
12.14.2011 , 07:59 AM | #1
Hello,

I was hoping someone could help me on the forums as I"m at a total loss about how to handle this situation.

My other account (Bacardimus), which my preorder is registered to, is not letting me login (which is strange because the password has never changed).

In order to solve this I started requesting a password reset to the e-mail that the account was registered to. Unfortunately I've been unable (after roughly 50 requests) to get a password reset sent to that e-mail address. I've contacted support @ starwars on about five different occasions over the past 7 days and have yet to receive any type of response (or the responses are not getting sent to the associated e-mail address).

I've spent about 3 hours waiting for customer support over the phone and at this point have deemed it literally impossible to get through to anyone (via phone support).

I can verify that I do not have any SWTOR addresses blocked via my e-mail address and I did receive an e-mail on December 7th regarding the pre-download information. It's almost like my account got deleted after December 7th (which puts me in a tricky situation because my pre-order is tied to it). I have also tried every combination of lower and uppercase letters when requesting the password reset (since sometimes it says it's not a recognizable format).

At this point I'm ready to cut my losses but I believe that account is going to get charged the full amount on the 16th... so I'm not sure if a new pre-order is the best solution. All I really need is a password reset or someone to verify what my current password is... but under the current system stress that seems almost impossible.

Any ideas from forum lurkers or a response from customer service would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

HighRolaCola
12.14.2011 , 09:01 AM | #2
Bump!

HighRolaCola
12.14.2011 , 09:48 AM | #3
Bummp!

HighRolaCola
12.14.2011 , 12:36 PM | #4
Bump!

Sunsliver
12.14.2011 , 12:38 PM | #5
With all of the email invites going out due to the waves, I would imagine that there will be a delay. You are definately experiencing a long one for sure BUT I would try later tonight once their exchange server stops smoking lol.

HighRolaCola
12.14.2011 , 01:51 PM | #6
Sunsliver, thank you for your response.

I wish that were the case but I was able to successfully receive password resets on two other accounts (gmail specifically). I have been trying for over 10 days (with 50+ requests) to get some form of password reset sent to my yahoo.com (with no success).

Appreciate your insight and welcome any other ideas the community might have.

HighRolaCola
12.14.2011 , 06:01 PM | #7
Bump!!!!

HighRolaCola
12.15.2011 , 08:51 AM | #8
For the love of god is there anyone that supports SWTOR anymore. After 10 hours of waiting on the phone I'm starting to think it's a front.