Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Obviously POP problems and faction imbalances

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Obviously POP problems and faction imbalances

Chi_Sloan
02.12.2012 , 08:29 PM | #1
I want to know what is being done to remedy this? Im on the Shien server here, and imps win every warzone. its not fun. its just a grind for reps to get pvp gear. we re always outnumbered and usually always lose. i dont get it, i have an imp character to and it just seems llike imps are catered to. why?

Radubadu
02.12.2012 , 08:42 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Chi_Sloan View Post
I want to know what is being done to remedy this? Im on the Shien server here, and imps win every warzone. its not fun. its just a grind for reps to get pvp gear. we re always outnumbered and usually always lose. i dont get it, i have an imp character to and it just seems llike imps are catered to. why?
Please explain why you think imps are catered to.

signahead
02.12.2012 , 08:54 PM | #3
Never fear, brave Republic citizen!

I'm on the Shien server too, but my experience is a bit different from yours. Since I started keeping track three weeks ago (with spreadsheets and everything they may end up in my master's thesis), I've had 33 wins and 31 losses. That's almost perfect balance.

There have been some bad stretches that made me think that the Republic always loses (a recent 1-9 stretch was really painful) Then a quick glance at the spreadsheet tells me we're doing OK.

Of course, I haven't reached level 50 yet, and things may be very different in the top bracket. I do know several level 50 PvP players, and it sounds like they're doing OK too. I'll ask them next time I log in, just to be sure.
This is my first visit to the Galaxy of Terror, and I'd like it to be a pleasant one.

MidichIorian
02.12.2012 , 08:59 PM | #4
I never, NEVER, won as a rep on my current server so i switched to Empire just to be able to get the daily from time to time. My new Imp toon is now valor 24 and I've only lost 3 games so far, the first was an on-going game on Alderaan where I entered with just minutes left and the other two were against high imp premades in huttball.

I think the problem is that too many are playing as commando on the rep side.

_Prime
02.12.2012 , 09:00 PM | #5
forget all that! What is being done to fix Ilum?

Evuke
02.12.2012 , 09:41 PM | #6
One word on what BW is doing to fix pop balance, ilum, etc:

NOTHING

They've got much more important stuff to do like stealth nerfing classes.

GGNERD
02.12.2012 , 10:00 PM | #7
Bout even on The Crucible Pits...I think bad people just have the tendency to lose more