Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Book of Sith: Secrets from the Dark Side.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Book of Sith: Secrets from the Dark Side.

BrandonSM's Avatar


BrandonSM
02.10.2012 , 05:36 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by SNCommand View Post
It's written by several different authors like for example Darth Malgus, Darth Bane and Sidious, but it also contains notes from people like Dooku, Ventress and Luke Skywalker

Also, the war between the Sith Empire will probably end with the empire shattering after a few decades, but will also probably end up with a shattered republic. What this conflict is leading too is the New Sith Wars and the dark age of the Star Wars universe. What we are seeing is the Roman Empire as the Republic breaking under the weight of corruption and foreign threats.

A fact that supports my point is that when the New Sith Wars start the Republic is a shadow of the one pictured in the Old Republic, while sith space is a dozen clans and small empires owning about 70% of explored space

The one thing this conflict will ensure is the pattern in which the Sith, the Jedi, the Empire and the Republic always rebuilds
I meant real authors lol. But thanks for the Info.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

Rayla_Felana's Avatar


Rayla_Felana
02.10.2012 , 05:45 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by SNCommand View Post
Also, the war between the Sith Empire will probably end with the empire shattering after a few decades, but will also probably end up with a shattered republic. What this conflict is leading too is the New Sith Wars and the dark age of the Star Wars universe. What we are seeing is the Roman Empire as the Republic breaking under the weight of corruption and foreign threats.

A fact that supports my point is that when the New Sith Wars start the Republic is a shadow of the one pictured in the Old Republic, while sith space is a dozen clans and small empires owning about 70% of explored space

The one thing this conflict will ensure is the pattern in which the Sith, the Jedi, the Empire and the Republic always rebuilds
The New Sith Wars is 2,600+ years after TOR.

OutOfSight's Avatar


OutOfSight
02.10.2012 , 06:20 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
Yes, I agree completely about the case, add the fact that the book is written by so many great authors is my main incentive, I already have mine Pre-ordered, just need to go into Waterstones tomorrow.

The quote from Darth Sidious is giving me the idea that the Sith Empire may actually win this war, confirming his statement that 'Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy...' is actually a factual statement and not a mere slip up in the script/writing.
I think he is referring to the Sith as a dominating faction, not as Galactic rulers per se.
Think about it, the Sith were a joke around the time shortly before EP1, they were almost forgotten by the everyone, except the Jedi.
"It says that the effect of drinking a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster is like having your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped round a large gold brick." -The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

BrandonSM's Avatar


BrandonSM
02.10.2012 , 06:53 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by OutOfSight View Post
I think he is referring to the Sith as a dominating faction, not as Galactic rulers per se.
Think about it, the Sith were a joke around the time shortly before EP1, they were almost forgotten by the everyone, except the Jedi.
..? Are you serious?
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

DarthVarrak's Avatar


DarthVarrak
02.11.2012 , 03:49 AM | #15
JUST ordered this myself, can't wait to read it!
Vendri Aybara, Level 50 Bodyguard Merc
<Because Good Is Dumb>
Iron Citadel

DanWallace's Avatar


DanWallace
02.12.2012 , 09:47 PM | #16
Hi guys -- I'm actually the writer of Book of Sith, so I'm excited to see these comments. I hope people like it and let me know if you have any questions.

I haven't put as many hours into TOR as I'd like but am currently leveling a Sith Inquisitor.

Dan

Theta_'s Avatar


Theta_
02.12.2012 , 10:19 PM | #17
My collector instincts are itching away at me... Oh how I long for this book, might have to buy it.

Fyurii's Avatar


Fyurii
02.12.2012 , 10:58 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by OutOfSight View Post
I think he is referring to the Sith as a dominating faction, not as Galactic rulers per se.
Think about it, the Sith were a joke around the time shortly before EP1, they were almost forgotten by the everyone, except the Jedi.
Sidious was referring to the Sith from the time of Darth Bane.
The New Sith Wars that lasted from 2000-1000BBY saw the Sith with the greatest level of control of the known galaxy, until the formation of the Galactic Empire.
________║≤o≥║___________
/_______TROOPER___≡≡≡≡≡≡≡╡
\_/‾‾‾‾ // ╝‾‾╚▄▄▄▄▄/‾‾‾‾‾

BrandonSM's Avatar


BrandonSM
02.12.2012 , 11:19 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Fyurii View Post
Sidious was referring to the Sith from the time of Darth Bane.
The New Sith Wars that lasted from 2000-1000BBY saw the Sith with the greatest level of control of the known galaxy, until the formation of the Galactic Empire.
Hmm, not much is known of the New Sith Wars? Or have I been looking in the wrong place?
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

Fyurii's Avatar


Fyurii
02.12.2012 , 11:30 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by BrandonSM View Post
Hmm, not much is known of the New Sith Wars? Or have I been looking in the wrong place?
Wrong place.
They started with Darth Ruin, and ended with the Rule of Two coming into effect.

A lot of work on that time period had been done already, and was expanded upon after Lucas' creation of Darth Ruin and Darth Bane, and the overhaul that was the Ruusan Reformation.
________║≤o≥║___________
/_______TROOPER___≡≡≡≡≡≡≡╡
\_/‾‾‾‾ // ╝‾‾╚▄▄▄▄▄/‾‾‾‾‾