Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Was Dooku's execution planned?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Was Dooku's execution planned?

MorgonKara
02.12.2012 , 06:50 PM | #21
I think so. Dooku was mighty but his power was nothing compared to Skywalker's. I think Palpatine set up that entire conflict to turn Skywalker farther to the dark side, knowing that Skywalker held a grudge against Dooku for taking his arm and plotting to assassinate Padme.
Armormech-Armstech-Chemist-Mor-gon-M'orgon-Maxxi
Armormech-Armstech-Biochem-Artifice-Synthweaving-Cybertech
The Craft Legacy ~The Ebon Hawk

darth_freefall
02.12.2012 , 06:54 PM | #22
I think Dooku thought he would be captured or they would turn Anakin together. You can see his shock when Palpatine makes Anakin do it. And i think Palpatine uses it as a means to draw Anakin to the dark side. He kills Dooku, feels bad about it but Palpatine convinces him that it has helped the situation, that it is better now the galaxy is free of Dooku. Slowly turning him to the idea of the dark side and going further than the Jedi would.

Gantoris_Aym
02.12.2012 , 06:56 PM | #23
Dooku is the worst villain in SW.

But whatever palpatine's plan might be, he wouldn't complain if Dooku accidentally kills Anakin and Obiwan...

Mechavomit
02.12.2012 , 07:26 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Gantoris_Aym View Post
But whatever palpatine's plan might be, he wouldn't complain if Dooku accidentally kills Anakin and Obiwan...
I think that killing Anakin would completely ruin his plan, but oh well *shrug*

Shaddaq
02.12.2012 , 08:14 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Mechavomit View Post
I think that killing Anakin would completely ruin his plan, but oh well *shrug*
Hello,

Anakin is only desirable if he is the best. Why would Sideous lament the loss of a loser who couldn't beat Dooku?
-Shaddaq (IBM PC/XT, 640k RAM, Argent EGA Adaptor, 2x5.25" Floppies.)

"If you Wrong Us, Shall we not Revenge?"
-Shylock, Merchant of Venice, by William Shakespeare

Voidian
02.12.2012 , 08:16 PM | #26
i don't think it would've. His plan covered pretty much every outcome of the war since he was controlling both sides of the war. The battle over coruscant basically just decided which side would be the victors in the end.

Had dooku managed to get away with palp then it would've meant that the republic's forces were no match for the separatists' forces and he would've used them to take over the galaxy instead of using the clone troppers with dooku at his side instead of anakin.

Mechavomit
02.12.2012 , 08:21 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Shaddaq View Post
Hello,

Anakin is only desirable if he is the best. Why would Sideous lament the loss of a loser who couldn't beat Dooku?
He lost to Dooku countless times. He even lost to Obi-Wan. Sorta.
I think that his role in Palpatine's plan is a little more that being a killing-machine. He is the Chosen One, after all. There are even rumors that it was Darth Plagueis, who created him.

Vicelord
02.12.2012 , 08:29 PM | #28
Didnt Sidious have more than one apprentice anyway? Darth Maul and Dooku? I never read the books but werent they both under Sidious at the same time?

Mechavomit
02.12.2012 , 08:32 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Vicelord View Post
Didnt Sidious have more than one apprentice anyway? Darth Maul and Dooku? I never read the books but werent they both under Sidious at the same time?
No =)
Sidious took Maul as an apprentice while Darth Plagueis was still his master.

Vicelord
02.12.2012 , 08:46 PM | #30
ok cool, thanks for the info, just read the wiki on plaugueis