Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is it true that they removed lots of different looking gear before release?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Is it true that they removed lots of different looking gear before release?

LordSatoh
02.12.2012 , 07:43 AM | #161
Quote: Originally Posted by Vodalus View Post
Yeah, the commendation trading cut annoys me, too. People like to claim that it was to prevent farming low level comms and trading up for top-end gear too easily, but simple math will tell you that it wasn't possible to do so.

Let's say (Republic side):

Starter world = you farm 100 comms
Croissant = 50
Taris = 25
Nar Shadaa = 12
Tat = 6
Alderaan = 3
Balmora = 1

Farming 100 comms on the starter world won't even buy you a mod by the time you reach Tat. There is no possible abuse here. It was just another example of removing a convenience for no logical reason. . . except maybe yet another coding limitation. They removed the exchange in the same build that they converted comms from physical objects in your inventory into currency on a separate tab. I wouldn't be surprised if they just couldn't figure out how to code a swapping mechanism.

Instead, we sit with mountains of starter world and capitol world comms in your currency tab because there is absolutely no reason to buy anything from those two worlds.
Yeah comms. Such a great way to make sure you can brag to all your mates how loaded with different stuff your screen is... Worthless stuff.
Peace is a lie...

Amiracle
02.12.2012 , 08:04 AM | #162
Removed it so they can add it back when everyone QQs and they look the hero.

Seems plausible.

All I know is I am tired of looking at a robe that looks like someone painted on the pockets and details.

And the helmets....peacock or diaper.........

I think the issue is the Hero engine not being able to perform as they need and they are still trying to make the game fit into the engine instead of building the engine to fit the game.

Vodalus
02.12.2012 , 02:00 PM | #163
Quote: Originally Posted by Amiracle View Post
*snip*

I think the issue is the Hero engine not being able to perform as they need and they are still trying to make the game fit into the engine instead of building the engine to fit the game.
Unfortunately, it seems that this is probably the situation.
I'm not a hater, I'm a disillusioned and disappointed fan.
"I spent a good 5 or 10 minutes searching around the preferences because I was sure a feature like this would not have been omitted."- A simple quote that I have seen countless times; This is what is wrong with TOR in my book.

NasherUK
02.12.2012 , 02:03 PM | #164
I didn't play beta for long but I do remember a few things that they removed for un-explained reasons, even though EVERY tester complained. I think some moron in charge at Bioware decided the game needed to be more wow like, even though people are currently quitting wow in bus loads..

Gear colour matching, medium/heavy armour social gear, fully modable gear, "grey" gear (for neither dark or light side) ...and ofc high rez textures all went :/

MackumDog
02.12.2012 , 02:05 PM | #165
I have no problem remving content that does not work, or has no purpose before release, but they do need to keep driving the game forward and putting it back
I can't brain today...I have the dumb

CadeAssant
02.12.2012 , 02:23 PM | #166
Many clothing items, game features, and Titles were removed.... it sucks.
"Love doesn't lead to the dark side. Passion can lead to rage and fear, and can be controlled, but passion is not the same thing as love. Controlling your passions while being in love, that's what they should teach you to beware, but love itself will save, not condemn you." ―Jolee Bindo

Goretzu
02.12.2012 , 05:12 PM | #167
Quote: Originally Posted by Amiracle View Post

Maybe.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1