Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Star wars Movie legacy

Jmannseelo
02.05.2012 , 09:56 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by KallaMan View Post
i wish to lean to 3 but i feel he has nothing to offer us as it is no longer "his" franchise but the fans, authors and Developers who has expanded on the Star Wars universe.
Don't kid yourself. It is his franchise. Period.

KallaMan
02.09.2012 , 02:37 AM | #22
So i really want someone to truly explain why George Lucas Shouldn't remake the original trilogy. WITHOUT saying: because it's a classic and it better than the prequels. because technically, the prequels were WELL recieved just as the original trilogy. I'm sick and tired of Die hard SW fans always trolling the idea and throwing it to the side, like there butts aren't gonna get off the couch to go see it,(3 months later)buy it on DVD or Blu-ray, and watch it over and over again. GET Real!

Liamo
02.09.2012 , 03:23 AM | #23
So i really want someone to truly explain why George Lucas Shouldn't remake the original trilogy. WITHOUT saying: because it's a classic and it better than the prequels. because technically, the prequels were WELL recieved just as the original trilogy. I'm sick and tired of Die hard SW fans always trolling the idea and throwing it to the side, like there butts aren't gonna get off the couch to go see it,(3 months later)buy it on DVD or Blu-ray, and watch it over and over again. GET Real!
..because there is no reason to remake it. Special effects can be updated like has been happening already. New actors? Luke, Leia etc are already iconic as played by the original actors.

New movies in the franchise would be nice but no reason to rehash stuff we've already seen.

Any "new take" on the OT would just destroy the entire history of the well-established EU.

Why negate all the money and the loyal fans by now saying "we thank you for investing 35 years with us. It all means nothing now as we decide to make everything you purchased and all the time you spent, absolutely worthless."

Look at Star Trek. Sure the new movie was a blockbuster but what has it done for Star Trek Fandom?

New fans can't buy the DVD sets of TNG, DS9 etc because it NEVER HAPPENED. Existing fans are left with memories of a an alternate reality that has been abandoned in the hopes of making Star Trek "more accessible."
They've had short term success but the long term damage...just think if they would've brought all these new fans in with a kick *** movie within the existing timeline....they would have all these customers for all the other series wanting to know either "what happens next (if a prequel) or "what happened before (if a sequel.)

Star Wars, if there are more movies, needs to do something that will perpetuate the Star Wars Universe...not negate it.

KallaMan
02.09.2012 , 01:01 PM | #24
Thats what im looking for, Thank you!! but there still something that wasn't answered, why were fans so unappreciative the prequel trilogy, surely it answered alot of questions, especially like the origins of the empire and how vader came to be. so why the slight animosity?

shamrockjew
02.09.2012 , 01:59 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Liamo View Post
Look at Star Trek. Sure the new movie was a blockbuster but what has it done for Star Trek Fandom?

New fans can't buy the DVD sets of TNG, DS9 etc because it NEVER HAPPENED. Existing fans are left with memories of a an alternate reality that has been abandoned in the hopes of making Star Trek "more accessible."
That's a little dramatic, the Star Trek universe we know from the past is still very much in tact. The MMO itself was based in that universe, not the movie reboot, complete with Spock having recently gone missing as described in the J.J. reboot.

I felt they pulled of a very good parallel universe story, giving true fans a nod of respect to the original material.

That being said, I wouldn't want any of that for Star Wars.
Set phasers to stun! I mean, set lighsabers to... on.

Liamo
02.10.2012 , 04:35 AM | #26
yea definitely too old. but really was wrong with george lucas remaking the original trilogy? Die- hard fans say not to but thats old ppl who were around during those times. I say remake the originals, it's not like it's gonna hurt lol
Yes, it will hurt. It will "discard" the EU that's been built up around them and destroy the Star Wars Universe as being this quilt of stories put together that interweave. Instead, all these stories will be just non-interconnected stories or in a timeline that never happened.

Why remake them? Why piss on 35 years of Star Wars chronology just to get a new set of movies?

Why do that damage to long-term Star Wars fandom when there's a universe, already made, with 25k years to work within?

It makes no sense from a creative standpoint and it especially makes no sense from a business standpoint-unless the point is for 3 blockbuster movies and the thousands of EU items go in the trash.

Shouldn't the goal be to drive more sales than make the previous purchases worthless?

Liamo
02.10.2012 , 04:40 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by shamrockjew View Post
That's a little dramatic, the Star Trek universe we know from the past is still very much in tact. The MMO itself was based in that universe, not the movie reboot, complete with Spock having recently gone missing as described in the J.J. reboot.

I felt they pulled of a very good parallel universe story, giving true fans a nod of respect to the original material.

That being said, I wouldn't want any of that for Star Wars.
Any new movies, and probably TV series, will be based on Abrams story. Yes, the MMO is there and I'm sure a spattering of books but the Original Timeline is dead to Paramount.

With all the other stories they could tell, they chose to nuke what went before.

Star Trek, though, didn't really have an EU like Star Wars anyway. Books, comics etc weren't part of a bigger story and the movies/tv series and other EU material didn't have to match and usually didn't.

Heck, even novelizations of the Movies had stuff that didn't fit with the other movies/TV series.

Star Wars, for the most part, isn't like that.

Still, with Star Trek, instead of making a new movie to drive sales of existing things, they just started over. Hardly anyone, that was new to Trek and watched the new movie, is going to say "I better get the DvDs of TNG so I can see how this all plays out."

KallaMan
02.12.2012 , 03:58 PM | #28
Actually i hope George shows some sweet lightsaber duels in SW: Underworld. it would be pointless to do a series based on ppl we don't really kno without having familiars. i think he should do the series based on Vader and the Great Jedi purge. leading up to A new Hope. but its just my opinion.