Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Desktop Hardware Q&A

Veilshatter
12.13.2011 , 09:51 AM | #1
I'm starting up the desktop hardware questions and answer thread again. You have the questions and your fellow IT knowledgeable players have the answers, so ask away

If you have any questions on video cards, cpus, or ram upgrades please check out http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=3898. This is a fantastic list and info for you.

Colobulous
12.13.2011 , 10:03 AM | #2
I don't have any questions right now, but I support this thread.

Rock-Shard
12.13.2011 , 10:06 AM | #3
Good to see we're getting setup again as a community so soon, despite all the early access drama.

madias
12.13.2011 , 10:08 AM | #4
Curious if anyone already playing release client has tried running it with 3d surround and how it looks if so. at the very least I was pleased with how it played across 3 screens in the mass beta at end of November. Only gripe would be UI in that configuration with lack of ability to move things around. Course they say they are working on UI customization as an important feature post-launch. One can only hope sooner rather than later...

Veilshatter
12.13.2011 , 10:13 AM | #5
My job is IT and I like helping people, and by judging from the other posts other people do too.

guevararicardo
12.13.2011 , 10:14 AM | #6
So I started playing today for the first time. For some reason I'm pretty laggy =( I have good computer and internet so don't know what it is. I decided to run in windows mode hoping that would help but it didn't Can someone help?

Edit: Sorry misread post, not really a hardware question
"I'll tell you what I told Vader, you might be an all powerful sith lord, but you're still the Emperor's bi#$%" -Some Guy

CE FTW!!!

Veilshatter
12.13.2011 , 10:15 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by madias View Post
Curious if anyone already playing release client has tried running it with 3d surround and how it looks if so. at the very least I was pleased with how it played across 3 screens in the mass beta at end of November. Only gripe would be UI in that configuration with lack of ability to move things around. Course they say they are working on UI customization as an important feature post-launch. One can only hope sooner rather than later...

Agree with the sooner than later.

biscuitss
12.13.2011 , 10:19 AM | #8
I have an old laptop that I used to play counterstrike on, and it's the only pc that I will have access to over christmas, can anyone tell me if it would run this on bare minimun settings?

OS - WINDOWS XP
CPU - Inte Core 2 Duo T5800 @ 2.00GHz
RAM - 3GB
GPU - NVIDIA GeForce 9200M GS 512mb memory

Veilshatter
12.13.2011 , 10:22 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by guevararicardo View Post
So I started playing today for the first time. For some reason I'm pretty laggy =( I have good computer and internet so don't know what it is. I decided to run in windows mode hoping that would help but it didn't Can someone help?
It could be server side. I remember the first day of beta its had odd lag like that too. Just give it time it should iron out.

Godnoom
12.13.2011 , 10:23 AM | #10
Ran Eyefinity for the past two months and it is the only way to play this game in my opinion. Can't do the 3D thing because of my eyes, but I agree a moveable UI would be a Godsend since to look at the minimap I have to look at thr far right corner.

Looking to try and run my screens in portrait mode to check that out.

System: AMD X6 3.2Ghz, 16GB DDR3, HD6870 1GB, Vrapter 10k for TOR, Win 7 64bit, Crosshair Formula IV, TT Level10 GT case. 3840x1024 @ 46FPS avg with everything turned up even in highly populate areas.
[SIZE="2"]Moondog the Techhund
Wicked Machines, Where PC Gaming Professionals Go
http://www.wickedmachines.com
G: Wicked Machines - Imp, Beautiful Disaster - Pub