Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Change in Phantom Menace

Toxen's Avatar


Toxen
02.12.2012 , 12:51 AM | #1
I saw Episode I 3D today and noticed that the puppet used for Yoda was taken out and replaced with the CGI Yoda from episodes II and III.
"Peace is a lie, there is only pancake."

Nedor's Avatar


Nedor
02.12.2012 , 12:58 AM | #2
This was changed for the Blu Ray version so just a continuation of that..

I am sure when we get the special edition blu ray 3d we will have extra sceens where jar jar is in ep4 to 6

DigiFluid's Avatar


DigiFluid
02.12.2012 , 12:59 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Toxen View Post
I saw Episode I 3D today and noticed that the puppet used for Yoda was taken out and replaced with the CGI Yoda from episodes II and III.
CGI Yoda first showed up in the Blu-ray release that came out this past September.
aka Arkajos, Sith Juggernaut on Assassins of Sion
aka Falkett, Jedi Sentinel on Wall of Light

ErikModi's Avatar


ErikModi
02.12.2012 , 01:18 AM | #4
I was very happy when I noticed that on my Blu-Rays. I get what they were trying to do, make Yoda look forty years younger, but they only succeeded in making him not look like Yoda.

Besides, if your race can live to be 900 years old, is 40 years really going to make a significant change to your appearance?
Jedi vs. Sith, Page 97, column 2, paragraph 4, line 1:

Prior to the Battle of Ruusan, the Jedi used crystals from many different sources, and ignited lightsabers in every known hue, including purple, orange, and gold.

DigiFluid's Avatar


DigiFluid
02.12.2012 , 01:22 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by ErikModi View Post
I was very happy when I noticed that on my Blu-Rays. I get what they were trying to do, make Yoda look forty years younger, but they only succeeded in making him not look like Yoda.

Besides, if your race can live to be 900 years old, is 40 years really going to make a significant change to your appearance?
And let's be honest here. While we dislike edits to the OT because it was done right the first time, the prequels need as much improvement as they can get!
aka Arkajos, Sith Juggernaut on Assassins of Sion
aka Falkett, Jedi Sentinel on Wall of Light

ErikModi's Avatar


ErikModi
02.12.2012 , 01:26 AM | #6
I'll qualified disagree with you on that. The improved dogfights in ANH are great, as is the busier Mos Eisley, Biggs, and Jabba. The Sarlacc is so-so. "You were lucky to get out of there" instead of "You were lucky you don't taste very good" and the whole Han/Greedo thing. . . not so much.
Jedi vs. Sith, Page 97, column 2, paragraph 4, line 1:

Prior to the Battle of Ruusan, the Jedi used crystals from many different sources, and ignited lightsabers in every known hue, including purple, orange, and gold.

Toxen's Avatar


Toxen
02.12.2012 , 02:31 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by ErikModi View Post
I'll qualified disagree with you on that. The improved dogfights in ANH are great, as is the busier Mos Eisley, Biggs, and Jabba. The Sarlacc is so-so. "You were lucky to get out of there" instead of "You were lucky you don't taste very good" and the whole Han/Greedo thing. . . not so much.
Now I'll admit, the Jabba scene in EP IV made sense because it was a scene that was originally shot but then edited out. Sure, Jabba was originally a human but logically they had to change that because it wouldn't make sense when we saw him as a worm dude in EP VI. Plus it showed us a scene between Han and Jabba that would have otherwise been lost to the cutting room floor.

But, I found other changes, such as the mos eisley "critters", the music changed and added a dance number in Jabba's Palace for no apparent reason was taking it too far.

Oh, and adding a shockwave ring to the death star explosion...did that make it more "explodey"?
"Peace is a lie, there is only pancake."

ErikModi's Avatar


ErikModi
02.12.2012 , 02:35 AM | #8
Jabba wasn't ever supposed to be human, there was a plan to replace the stand-in with a stop-motion creature, but George simply ran out of time, money, resources, energy, etc.
Jedi vs. Sith, Page 97, column 2, paragraph 4, line 1:

Prior to the Battle of Ruusan, the Jedi used crystals from many different sources, and ignited lightsabers in every known hue, including purple, orange, and gold.