Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"What If..." Thread

Aleckruks
02.11.2012 , 08:22 PM | #1
So I'll ask first!
What would happen if a lightsaber, which can cut through anything, collides with adamantium, which can also cut anything?
Life's too short to cry-long enough to try! (c) Helloween

ErikModi
02.11.2012 , 08:23 PM | #2
Depends on if admantium gets its hardness through the generation of a "force field" effect.
Jedi vs. Sith, Page 97, column 2, paragraph 4, line 1:

Prior to the Battle of Ruusan, the Jedi used crystals from many different sources, and ignited lightsabers in every known hue, including purple, orange, and gold.

Aleckruks
02.11.2012 , 08:30 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by ErikModi View Post
Depends on if admantium gets its hardness through the generation of a "force field" effect.
I'm sorry, but i can't agree with you, because i'm sure, that all of this items cant get "force field" effect. Thats why I'm asking...

DarthVarrak
02.11.2012 , 08:36 PM | #4
Lightsabers can't cut through anything. Not immediately anyway. Cortosis and Mandalorian Iron just to name a couple.
Vendri Aybara, Level 50 Bodyguard Merc
<Because Good Is Dumb>
Iron Citadel

Aleckruks
02.11.2012 , 08:42 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthVarrak View Post
Lightsabers can't cut through anything. Not immediately anyway. Cortosis and Mandalorian Iron just to name a couple.
So, you verify, that lightsaber can cut through anything!(not immediatley of course). Adamantium also can cut through anyting, thats why i'm asking...

Mechavomit
02.11.2012 , 08:47 PM | #6
Not sure, but I doubt anything would happen to the lightsaber simply because the blade is not solid. My guess is that Adamantium would "loose" and be cut.
Also no, there are enough materials that can resist lightsabers.

Dyroi-Thader
02.11.2012 , 08:52 PM | #7
I have a what if...What if anikan helped windu capture darth sidious?...boring movis or no balance to the force? would obama still be president? would luke make out with his sister still??!? WHAT IF?!?!
Ky'lon Valcyn
Guild: Unguilded
The Valcyn Legacy Level 55 Guardian Jedi Master

DarthVarrak
02.11.2012 , 09:00 PM | #8
Oooo, I got one. What if Yoda used himself as the model for the clones instead of Jango Fett.
Vendri Aybara, Level 50 Bodyguard Merc
<Because Good Is Dumb>
Iron Citadel

Aleckruks
02.11.2012 , 10:00 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Mechavomit View Post
Not sure, but I doubt anything would happen to the lightsaber simply because the blade is not solid. My guess is that Adamantium would "loose" and be cut.
Also no, there are enough materials that can resist lightsabers.
Good version. I'm not sure about this, but i'll check it anyway. You can trust me, I guarantee it!
Quote: Originally Posted by Dyroi-Thader View Post
I have a what if...What if anikan helped windu capture darth sidious?...boring movis or no balance to the force? would obama still be president? would luke make out with his sister still??!? WHAT IF?!?!
Thats's a very good questions. And i'll answer it. Anykan would become a new president of the U.S.A (Useless Secret Alliance). And of course theres no Luke and he's sister (Amidala made an abortion! No time for kids! Anikan is a president!)

Quote: Originally Posted by DarthVarrak View Post
Oooo, I got one. What if Yoda used himself as the model for the clones instead of Jango Fett.
Oh its simple! There wont be any army of clones, cause armor, which was created for Jango's clones didnt fir for Yoda's clones! Thats why theres was gonaa be no battles. Only wimp philosophic talkings on the whole planet about force balance. No wars, only talkings...