Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bioware please CHANGE the WZ medal system.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Bioware please CHANGE the WZ medal system.

RobyBaggio
02.10.2012 , 06:13 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by nophere View Post
LOL they lost a lot more than that. I have no "facts" but Im going to say as of now its around 50%.
Well 2 down to 1.7 Million in the first month, you do the math.

And to those that say that the medals systems works fine, they are just numbless brain dead people who like gear grinding by farming medals but do not care to partake in any real engaging PvP.

Moosestick
02.10.2012 , 06:21 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by RobyBaggio View Post
Agree, but not enough and nor do the relevant people care.

They lost 15% subscribers in the first month. Will see what happens in the next few months.
Because no MMO has ever lost subs after the free month.

Medal system is ok in theory, they just need to tweak some medals so that each archtype(dps/heals/tank) have access to the same number of medals.

Nulli
02.10.2012 , 06:29 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by nophere View Post
Ok so the current method of getting Valor is by collecting medals and winning games. This system is BROKEN in a really bad way. Here are a couple reasons why.

I was playing a Hutball the other day and my team was playing pro hutball. Grabbing, passing and getting in good spots to receive passes. Score became 5-0 really fast and I look down and noticed I had ZERO medals because I was just trying to help win the game. At this point our team was forced to stop grabbing the ball and start farming the opposing team. This is neither fair to EITHER team.

Secondly this system seems to favor people who do not care for objectives and hurt the rest of your team. A lot of people just run around trying to kill people and they ignore everything else. Those people usually end up with the most Valor/commendations at the end of the match which is wrong.

Third and I will add I am not a healer but healers really get screwed here. Healers are arguably the most important members of your team and they are always getting the least medals on the team and a lot of the time they are the whole reason you win said match.

There are probably more issues with this system but you get the point. I know you guys have a lot on your plate with other issues but Id like to see some sort of change in the future on how rewards are handed out.

Anyone elses thoughts?
So what?

You get commendations for winning, and winning quickly is better than qinning slowly.

The guys not paying attn to objectives probably lose more games than win and the 'medals vs commendations' thing ends up a wash.

Not really caring about this.

Fancyhuh
02.10.2012 , 06:34 PM | #24
Nothing wrong with healers... I play a Sorc healer and I average 8-11 medals a game. People just need to learn to deal damage when everyone is above 80% hp.
2.5k heal, 5k heal, 2.5k damage, killing blow, 75k healing and 75k damage is obtainable during every game if you spec and play right.