Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Quickslot lock driving me nuts. DEVS PLZ FIX!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Quickslot lock driving me nuts. DEVS PLZ FIX!

Lividcalm's Avatar


Lividcalm
02.10.2012 , 10:57 AM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by vrok- View Post
Dear devs, please make abilities unclickable so we don't have to deal with bad players. Thanks in advance.
Dear devs, ban tools like this because, well, they are complete tools.

Thanks in advance.
Elryck - HAKD

Port Nowhere

Bosseking's Avatar


Bosseking
02.10.2012 , 11:11 AM | #82
Quote: Originally Posted by CrymzenSith View Post
just goes to show that unless you actualy tell people you are a clicker...nobody can tell the difference
Expect when something like arena is implemented and the clickers wonder why their ratings are really bad.

Clicking is just worse way to do it. It is different but also worse. Some people might be better AT FIRST as a clicker, but give it few weeks and they'll see a positive difference in their gameplay.

JustinxDuff's Avatar


JustinxDuff
02.10.2012 , 11:12 AM | #83
Clicking is bad, really bad.
Bluntasaurus - Gunslinger - Ewoks Anonyous
Bluntskii - Sentinel - Ewoks Anonymous
Prophecy of the Five
Push the envelope, watch it bend

strikeviperMKII's Avatar


strikeviperMKII
02.10.2012 , 11:52 AM | #84
Quote: Originally Posted by snaplemouton View Post
That's why I play with 1,2,3,4,5
shift + 1,2,3,4,5
alt + 1,2,3,4,5
Yeah, I do that...except I don't use alt...I end up alt-tabbing out. That's bad in the middle of a raid. But ten buttons are enough for me as my mouse has four more...which means eight if I use shift.

JackMinn's Avatar


JackMinn
02.10.2012 , 01:09 PM | #85
Quote: Originally Posted by vrok- View Post
If you think 100ms doesn't matter, especially when it adds up over multiple abilities, you're ignorant. Even disregarding the 100ms it's physically impossible to be as competent playing while clicking abilities as you would with keybinds since a keybinder uses the mouse fully at the same time while a clicker can't do anything with the mouse at the same time and turning with the keyboard is retarded. End of story.

And you can stop the ******** about class competence already, no one cares if you think you're the best in the world because you're not and you're proving it right here with every post. It's the same story with every clicker. "I'm awesome at the game and I click." No, that means you're bad and you're comparing yourself with people who are even worse in order to make excuses not to improve. Same deal with balance whiners.
Hahahaha I think you are ignorant if you think you can even have 100ms add up considering there is a global cooldown thus you have to wait anyways which gives you 1.5s to hover your mouse to your desired location.

Ill make one last argument as it isnt worth going further.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeHmSaVimY8 thats me playing, and you can see that i have quite a lot of my right side skills unbound.

Now surely if keybinding gave such an insurmountable advantage over clicking I couldnt be the best guardian on my server correct? Except I am, http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=232296

And if swtor pvp isnt competitive enough to warrant bragging np, here is guild wars a game solely independent of gear and places actual emphasis on 100ms reaction crap:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/841/rank1o.jpg/
http://www.gw-memorial.net/builds/mAT/2011/March/645/
http://www.gw-memorial.net/builds/mA.../November/585/
http://www.gw-memorial.net/builds/mAT/2010/October/569/

See unlike the average person you may expect me to be, I can easily prove that im good.

The reality of this entire argument that key binding select skills does NOT give any massive advantage. Its just as much min/maxing as going out to collect every single datacron for that extra bit of stat. The only reason people come here going "omg noob clicker" is because they have an unsatisfied ego of their own and just feel the need to call other people bad on an unwarranted basis. The good players however know what the actual difference is.

I need not post more, I think my inherent background and experience warrants me to be a much more competent judge of the differences than you or any other poster here. People can believe whatever they want, and ill continue to win. Enjoying being mediocore even with your supposed advantage of being a "keybinder".
Vengeance Of The Fallen
Jackiepro

"Owning since 2003"
www.VoTF-online.net

vrok-'s Avatar


vrok-
02.10.2012 , 01:44 PM | #86
Global cooldown argument? Really? Laughable.

I watched the video, and yes, as a result of clicking your relics/adrenals/medpacs and whatever else, you're bad. Period. That everyone else playing Guardian on your server is apparently worse only says that the others are absolutely beyond horrific or simply undergeared.

Love the ego though, it's hilarious how overinflated it is. Keep assuming that you know anything about me or anyone else criticizing clickers if it makes you feel better about being lazy.

Campaigner's Avatar


Campaigner
02.10.2012 , 01:45 PM | #87
Adapt
OldTraunus (Formerly Traunus from SoEK)
Prophecy of the Five
<Old Republic War>

JackMinn's Avatar


JackMinn
02.10.2012 , 02:28 PM | #88
Quote: Originally Posted by vrok- View Post
Global cooldown argument? Really? Laughable.

I watched the video, and yes, as a result of clicking your relics/adrenals/medpacs and whatever else, you're bad. Period. That everyone else playing Guardian on your server is apparently worse only says that the others are absolutely beyond horrific or simply undergeared.

Love the ego though, it's hilarious how overinflated it is. Keep assuming that you know anything about me or anyone else criticizing clickers if it makes you feel better about being lazy.
Hahaha you call me out for "assuming that you know anything about me" and yet you claim to know everything about my entire server and them being bad :d And perhaps the entire international community of guild wars and its several thousand guilds are also bad :d Whatever makes you happy buddy. My over inflated ego is justified by my accomplishments and is also a testament to my experience. What do you have to back your claims up with? A failing logic and a comment saying "global cooldown argument, laughable" which isnt even a retort to an argument.

But its okay, one can never win an argument on the forums. Cause whenever you provide evidence to being a good player, you are instead called out for having an ego, thus you can never prove you are good. Well done, way to fall under the forum lemmings, but you had already proved that earlier on in this discussion.
Vengeance Of The Fallen
Jackiepro

"Owning since 2003"
www.VoTF-online.net

vrok-'s Avatar


vrok-
02.10.2012 , 03:38 PM | #89
Quote: Originally Posted by JackMinn View Post
Hahaha you call me out for "assuming that you know anything about me" and yet you claim to know everything about my entire server and them being bad :d And perhaps the entire international community of guild wars and its several thousand guilds are also bad :d Whatever makes you happy buddy. My over inflated ego is justified by my accomplishments and is also a testament to my experience. What do you have to back your claims up with? A failing logic and a comment saying "global cooldown argument, laughable" which isnt even a retort to an argument.

But its okay, one can never win an argument on the forums. Cause whenever you provide evidence to being a good player, you are instead called out for having an ego, thus you can never prove you are good. Well done, way to fall under the forum lemmings, but you had already proved that earlier on in this discussion.
I didn't claim to know anything about your server or the people on them. You did that for me when you posted claims that you were the best Guardian. I have my own accomplishments thank you very much, but I don't use them to inflate my arguments with ego. I prefer to use logic and facts.