Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So, my boss just pulled me aside...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
So, my boss just pulled me aside...

rainingcrazy
02.10.2012 , 01:53 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Thuull View Post
Apparently some chick from accounting (who share the floor with us) overheard us, and went to my boss with it. She evidently said something to the effect of "I'm really kind of worried...I don't know what they were talking about, but it sounded REALLY BAD..."
People get weird about things. I once did a piece of content on our intranet, it totally related to the business, it was completely innocuous, except for one thing, it involved something that the Nazi's did in the 1940's, with get this, planting trees (not evil trees, just normal trees). It just wasn't discovered for 60 years and only then by a complete fluke. The story was about the discovery, the trees and how fluky the whole discovery was (I don't remember where I found the story but it's the type of thing that would run on the front page of yahoo).

If you can't guess what happened next, I'll tell you. I wound up in the president's office, with a SVP, because not one, but two (they probably got together and got each other worked up about it), of our employee's complained about it.

Seriously, what did she think you guys were doing? Planning terrorist acts in the company lunchroom because you were too stupid to do that in off-hours?

Thuull
02.10.2012 , 02:03 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by rainingcrazy View Post
People get weird about things. I once did a piece of content on our intranet, it totally related to the business, it was completely innocuous, except for one thing, it involved something that the Nazi's did in the 1940's, with get this, planting trees (not evil trees, just normal trees). It just wasn't discovered for 60 years and only then by a complete fluke. The story was about the discovery, the trees and how fluky the whole discovery was (I don't remember where I found the story but it's the type of thing that would run on the front page of yahoo).

If you can't guess what happened next, I'll tell you. I wound up in the president's office, with a SVP, because not one, but two (they probably got together and got each other worked up about it), of our employee's complained about it.

Seriously, what did she think you guys were doing? Planning terrorist acts in the company lunchroom because you were too stupid to do that in off-hours?
I have no idea...but if this gives you a clue, the woman in question one time made a HUGE fuss about a few of her co-workers moving their desks around. She insisted that the new desk locations messed up her Fung Shui <sp?> and that they had to move them back.

She's a busy-body.

The important thing was the part that got me thinking about just what we must sound like when we chat game. Seriously, most of the words we use when talking about gaming have ZERO meaning outside of the gaming world, to the point where most people have never heard the terms, or anything like them.

Darth_Philar
02.10.2012 , 02:43 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Thuull View Post
I have no idea...but if this gives you a clue, the woman in question one time made a HUGE fuss about a few of her co-workers moving their desks around. She insisted that the new desk locations messed up her Fung Shui <sp?> and that they had to move them back.

She's a busy-body.

The important thing was the part that got me thinking about just what we must sound like when we chat game. Seriously, most of the words we use when talking about gaming have ZERO meaning outside of the gaming world, to the point where most people have never heard the terms, or anything like them.
It is vitally important that you come into work early every day and rearrange her whole area. Then be sure to leave before anyone else gets in so that you can come back later.
Server: The Fatman
Philar - Corruption Sorcerer - Level 50 | Satarel - Rage Marauder - Level 50
Geheime - Concealment Operative - Level 20 | Zahhak - Arsenal Mercenary - Level 17

ARMofGod
02.10.2012 , 02:59 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by ihateyouall View Post
When you said she thought it sounded REALLY BAD, it was because of how horrible the pvp sounded in swtor
I think it was this. She then called for an intervention
Please join my new community events group! For Empire players only, I call it Friends-United Empire-Alliance. Or FU EA for short!

maradigamer
02.10.2012 , 03:01 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Illwill- View Post
Sounds like a lovely lady that I would avoid like the plague. "People are talking about stuff I don't understand (probably not a new sensation for her), I must go tell the boss!"

I hate people...
Yep. This.