Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So Nerf to Surge will make the most OP class even stronger!!!!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
So Nerf to Surge will make the most OP class even stronger!!!!

shahmat
02.09.2012 , 09:11 PM | #1
So the ONE class in the game that could care less about crit dmg ( Sorc/Sage ) is now even stronger, as they have sick dmg without the need for a single crit above 2k as is....

kingdadddy
02.09.2012 , 09:12 PM | #2
does this make you mad?

Rhazesx
02.09.2012 , 09:20 PM | #3
I hate to tell you but sorcerers are very dependent on crit/surge.

Those sorcerers burning you down 900-1200 ticks all stack surge/crit.

CaptainInsano
02.09.2012 , 09:21 PM | #4
It's a joke. Healers with Tanks already rule PvP and this nerf just hurts DPS classes even more. Makes 0 sense since Surge isn't even the best or second best stat.

DirtyDiggler
02.09.2012 , 09:21 PM | #5
socs are not OP there are some that are well played though...

don't let skilled players get you down grasshopper.... L2P daniel son

Taramriel
02.09.2012 , 09:23 PM | #6
OP can't handle getting hit by a lighting attack that hits him for 500 per tick. The Q_Q graphics make him cry.

He simply doesnt notice the 5k+ crits other classes do because of their lacklustre animations.
"When people lose, it's never because they got outplayed. It's because:
a) The other guy has more gear;
b) The other guy plays an OP class.;
c) My team let me down. I was perfect."

OklahomaSooner
02.09.2012 , 09:30 PM | #7
Amusing seeing the Sorcerers and Sages defend their class.

Sorcerers and Sages do too many things too well. Too much utility, damage, and healing wrapped into one yummy burrito.

They'll be nerfed slightly if Bioware knows what they are doing.

If not, well, the game will just decline gradually more. They already showed their ineptitude with the Acid Blade/Flechette Round nerf, why not more?

I love Bioware for Mass Effect, KOTOR, Baldurs Gate, and Dragon Age. Their story crafting, voice acting, and just skill at making RPGs is unmatched.

I do not love them for their skills at balancing games.

Arkhlin
02.09.2012 , 09:32 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by CaptainInsano View Post
It's a joke. Healers with Tanks already rule PvP and this nerf just hurts DPS classes even more. Makes 0 sense since Surge isn't even the best or second best stat.
I had the same thoughts exactly. It's bad enough that 2 of them can hold a point against 4-5 enemies while help arrives. I'm not going to make any assumptions yet on how bad it will be, but the tank + healer combos will seem to have the only benefit from this nerf. We'll see how it pans out next Tuesday, I guess.

biowareftw
02.09.2012 , 09:35 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Rhazesx View Post
I hate to tell you but sorcerers are very dependent on crit/surge.

Those sorcerers burning you down 900-1200 ticks all stack surge/crit.
I hate to tell you this but anyone not stacking haste/alacrity on any caster in any MMO?

Is an idiot. The faster you cast your channel the more procs you get. Dots tick faster.

Oh yeah...heals cast faster as well. Since they are the only hybrid that can offheal worth a damn? Yeah...
Einstein's relativity work is a magnificent mathematical garb which fascinates, dazzles and makes people blind to the underlying errors. The theory is like a beggar clothed in purple whom ignorant people take for a king... its exponents are brilliant men but they are metaphysicists rather than scientists.- Nikola Tesla - New York Times (11 July 1935)

Shmn
02.09.2012 , 09:36 PM | #10
You are right, but for the wrong reasons. It's not that sorc damage doesn't benefit from surge as much; it does. It's that prolonging fights in general benefits the sorc. It also benefits tanks, though, so the general impact the change will have is to improve defensive classes and builds over offensive ones.

For sorc, less incoming damage means more time to re-bubble, more time to CC (defensively used CC in general will be relatively better), a better chance that heal goes off before you die and since bubbles can't crit as far as I know, they become better in relation to other heals.

Anyway, a boost to sorcs(/sages) yes, but not exclusively by any means.