Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What are the best SW books

Raina_Que
02.09.2012 , 06:58 PM | #11
The Courtship of Princess Leia was good. Also "I Jedi" was another good one. I don't know abot any of the recent books. I stopped reading when they killed off Chewy...I am still mad about that!

FoolsErrand
02.09.2012 , 07:08 PM | #12
I personally don't really read many of the post-movie books. Some good pre-movie books are Darth Maul:Shadow hunter, Darth Bane books, and if you do read the thrawn books it wouldn't hurt to read Outbound Flight as Thrawn plays as a "good guy" in that book. There are plenty of others but it really falls into what your taste in books are.
Never give up! Never surrender!

Drudenfusz
02.09.2012 , 07:33 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by SandsOfArrakis View Post
Imo The Thrawn Trilogy could easily made into movies as Episode 7-9. But that's just me
I don't think so. Don't get me wrong, the Thrawn Trilogy are the best Star Wars books, still I don't think they would do so well as movies. Why? Fist we would have to take different actors by now that we had during the original trilogy, that alone would make the movies bad, but I think the even bigger issue would be that Thrawn works well as the villain in the books, but when people actually see him (and compare him then with Darth Maul or Darth Vader he would look boring against the Sith, because he does nothing fancy). And then with the prequels (regardless how one liked them), the movies developed into a saga about the Skywalker family, but the Thrawn trilogy does tell a story that feels different now from what Lucas did with the movies. So I don't see how this could be easy in any way.
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Gwenya - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Jedi Shadow on Jar'Kai Sword
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version

Charell
02.09.2012 , 07:37 PM | #14
death troopers is a good one. same with the darth bane trilogy. i also really enjoyed the legacy of the force series.
Jedi Covenent: The Sohn Legacy
Charell SW, Dareo BH , Elleona SI Raliceh JC, Ellensohn RT, Le'pold SM
The Fatman: Coolestjediever JK Ebon Hawk: IA