Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Nim/HM EV/KP

Volnoxiom
02.09.2012 , 06:06 PM | #1
Hey guys! I have 2 questions:

1) Let's say you go into EV NiM mode down 2 bosses, could you switch to HM for 3/4/5?

2) For a 1 tank group 8m? Would you recommend NiM EV over NiM KP?

Thanks All

Natarii
02.09.2012 , 06:15 PM | #2
Normal and Hard modes are on seperate lockouts; you cannot kill 2 bosses on one difficulty and then continue from that point on another difficulty. They are separate instances. You'd end up in a fresh instance with the bosses you JUST killed, only this time it's on the new difficulty. Hard and Nightmare do share lockout, however, so you could potentially change between these two within the same Operation.

You'll probably want 2 tanks for anything harder than normal mode. Puzzle boss in EV can get hairy on hard and you'll want a tank at each one, not to mention the adds on Garj hit pretty hard and usually require an off tank. Although I havent personally done KP on hard, I know the second boss requires 2 real tanks, because there are 2 real bosses!
Dark Lord of Altaholics Anonymous
Sword of Ajunta Pall - Sith Empire

Volnoxiom
02.09.2012 , 06:16 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Natarii View Post
Normal and Hard modes are on seperate lockouts; you cannot kill 2 bosses on one difficulty and then continue from that point on another difficulty. They are separate instances. You'd end up in a fresh instance with the bosses you JUST killed, only this time it's on the new difficulty. Hard and Nightmare do share lockout, however, so you could potentially change between these two within the same Operation.
Rgr That's what I was thinking. We have been clearing HM for a bit and I'd like to try NiM out but don't want to sacrifice loot if we can't get all the way through it :P

Merraith
02.09.2012 , 06:17 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Volnoxiom View Post

1) Let's say you go into EV NiM mode down 2 bosses, could you switch to HM for 3/4/5?

Thanks All
I assume by NiM you mean Nightmare...in which case yes you can do the first 2 bosses on nightmare, exit the zone and reset it to hard to do the final 3.

I'd probably say EV is easier to do 1 tank for, but you can use only 1 tank for every fight in both instances.

Natarii
02.09.2012 , 06:20 PM | #5
To clarify, I'm pretty conservative in my Raid Composition! I like 2 tanks, even though not necessarily required for every fight. Most of these cowboys will tell you it's overkill, but I've seen bad stuff happen when there's no one to pick up adds or the boss in the case of an emergency!
Dark Lord of Altaholics Anonymous
Sword of Ajunta Pall - Sith Empire

Volnoxiom
02.09.2012 , 06:35 PM | #6
Ok awesome thanks for the feedback! I think we will run NiM EV just because our guys are most familiar with that instance. We have ran HM much more on that then KP. But none the less thanks a ton!

I'll throw this out there then :P

For the EV NightMare title: Has anyone tried 4 HM then switching to Nightmare? :P just curious

Gerudan
02.09.2012 , 06:37 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Volnoxiom View Post

Thanks All
If you're able to kill the first two bosses in EV on Nightmare, you should easily be able to beat the Pylons and the council as well on nightmare mode and yes, you can then leave the Op, turn down on hard mode and try Soa.

For a 1 tank group I would recommend EV, since you don't need 2 tanks there (at least not, if you're fast enough with the pylons).

Volnoxiom
02.09.2012 , 06:51 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Gerudan View Post
If you're able to kill the first two bosses in EV on Nightmare, you should easily be able to beat the Pylons and the council as well on nightmare mode and yes, you can then leave the Op, turn down on hard mode and try Soa.

For a 1 tank group I would recommend EV, since you don't need 2 tanks there (at least not, if you're fast enough with the pylons).
That's what I heard as well. We will most likely go that route and as far as pylons...our group makeup handles that prtty well without a second tank

thanks again guys

Dukibritches
02.09.2012 , 07:35 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Natarii View Post

You'll probably want 2 tanks for anything harder than normal mode. Puzzle boss in EV can get hairy on hard and you'll want a tank at each one, not to mention the adds on Garj hit pretty hard and usually require an off tank. Although I havent personally done KP on hard, I know the second boss requires 2 real tanks, because there are 2 real bosses!
My guild cleared Gharj on HM last night on our 2nd attempt. We only had 1 tank, the adds dont really hit very hard actually. And they are really low health so they can be AOE'd down in seconds. I cant speak for Pylons because we are going to attempt that tonight.