Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Explain Luke Skywalker's feats

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Explain Luke Skywalker's feats

meshade
02.09.2012 , 07:11 PM | #1
Can someone explain why Luke is so ridiculously overpowered after the ROTJ and how did he manage to get there?

In every thread about Palpatine vs Windu and other palpatine challenges someone comes and says that Luke is the most powerful jedi with outstanding force powers and feats - what and why?

People said that palpatine could create wormholes, devour planets and other over the top things, how can Luke beat that?
It burns, it rips, it hurts

Master-Nala
02.09.2012 , 07:18 PM | #2
Imagine the force as a god (not the God, just a nondescript very, very powerful god). Now this force decides one day to knock up some slave on Tatooine. The resulting offspring has the potential to be the incarnate of the force, more powerful than any practitioner. Unfortunately said offspring was emo and got himself nearly killed as a result. BUT, you got a grandson. Good kid, kinda flighty, but potential. So you invest the mission that you had for your kid on your grandkid. To be the incarnate of the force.

The grandkid manages to get your emo kid to fulfill his destiny and bring balance to you. Now the grandkid can be your mortal representative.

That's how.

meshade
02.09.2012 , 07:23 PM | #3
I know the story, didn't read the books - In movies he just seems like a nice jedi with great control of his emotions. And that's it - how does he go from this to toppin the 'wormholes that consume star fleets' and 'killin billion of people on planets with will'.

Wolfninjajedi
02.09.2012 , 07:27 PM | #4
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Luke_..._and_abilities

Thats all in in a nutshell. Even without the EU(just going by the movie books of the movies and between) he is a powerful jedi anyway, not on par with his EU self but still.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

BrianDavion
02.09.2012 , 07:28 PM | #5
yeah you have to keep in mind about Luke, his grandfather was the force itself.

commanderdarman
02.09.2012 , 07:30 PM | #6
i personally don't like the ridiculousness that is Palpatine and Luke Skywalker.

imo they are both overstated in both power and ability.

EDIT: I also did not read the books (for the most part), but i agree with meshade

FoolsErrand
02.09.2012 , 07:34 PM | #7
I've always had a good philosophy regarding star wars. If your going to have a good debate about it avoid using Luke, Vader, or the Emperor because no matter what discussion you try to have those three are spammed as the top. Just avoid those three in a SW discussion and your able to have a decent debate.
Never give up! Never surrender!

Drudenfusz
02.09.2012 , 07:36 PM | #8
With all the authors working on Star Wars the capabilities of the Jedi and the Sith grew with the years, but since Luke and Palaptine are the epic characters from the movies some authors thought they should be more powerful than the rest...
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Gwenya - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Jedi Shadow on Jar'Kai Sword
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version

Wolfninjajedi
02.09.2012 , 07:46 PM | #9
At least it somewhat makes a little sense seeing as in the movies its stated the force can do anything a few times or implied, at least its not like Superman where he gets all these insane powers just because. (Not normal superman, but the other versions of him.)
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

meshade
02.09.2012 , 07:49 PM | #10
At least Palpatine gained his powers over 1000 years of training and gaining knowledge.

Anakin who was supposedly made by the force couldn't do **** compared to Luke at same age (I still dunno what Luke can actually do that tops wormholes ;p)