Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Fix Colicoid War Game

Anyankin
02.06.2012 , 07:09 AM | #11
We had one turret despawning. It never came back. Not so easy to complete the instance with only 3 turrets.
/Any
Founder & caretaker of CircleGuardians
- The CircleGuardian way - THEE way to experience a game -

raidyr
02.06.2012 , 08:18 AM | #12
We had no problems with it, 4 people who never did it before. Wiped once because our tank and one DPS got knocked off during the "puzzle" part but that's it. You know you have to turn the turret with RMB, right?

Yukondoit
02.06.2012 , 08:21 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by MastaGigs View Post
Little tip, aim they auto fire.

Nothing wrong with this encounter, One of my fav flashpoints. PvE does not have to be classic pull pat kill boss blah blah blah.
This.

Played CWG on Saturday Night. Brilliant Flashpoint. Interesting challenges. Zero bugs. I even snagged a new lightsaber out of it too (with an Orange crystal!).

OP, please quit. Then everyone wins.
"The nine most dangerous words are: 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'"-Ronald Reagan

We all want new playable races. Specifically, we all want Bothans.

Sunblade
02.06.2012 , 08:40 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Anyankin View Post
We had one turret despawning. It never came back. Not so easy to complete the instance with only 3 turrets.
I always finish it with 3 turrets. Healer is on the pedestal in the middle healing. Easiest way
"Don't change colors to match the walls, look like you belong, and the walls will change color to match you."

SalsaDMA
02.06.2012 , 08:55 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by raidyr View Post
You know you have to turn the turret with RMB, right?
Why don't you start actually reading the replies before making a comment like that?

Kinda hard to aim around on on targets without having figured out how to aim, eh?

Fact is, for quite a few of us, the turrets handle like crap and seemingly shoot random places compared to where you aim. This makes the turret section plain horrible and an exercise in frustration.

KillerSwordz
02.06.2012 , 01:02 PM | #16
One of the problems people most likely have is lag issues. The so-called "responsiveness" can be attributed to where your turret actually is and where the server thinks it is. This could severely affect this mechanic of the encounter. But something I found to be absolutely helpful was firing at targets opposite to you. If you are in the northwest, fire at targets coming from the southeast. The overlap helps tremendously.

I found this encounter to be amazing. I love the turrets and the "puzzle" later. It is refreshing to have an FP thats different to the usual pull boss, kill boss.

TwistedKitten
02.06.2012 , 02:37 PM | #17
Played CWG last night for the first time on my 39 Defense Guardian with a 40 Sent, 39 Gunslinger (I think? Smuggler subclass, uses two blasters), and a 44 Sage. The first bit was a bit difficult, one of my group members kept bugging out and another one didn't quite get how it worked. We wiped about three times before we got it, struggled with the droids leading to the puzzle part before the DPS remembered they could CC (lol), had minimal difficulty on the puzzle part, then went finished without wiping again.

OP, maybe you just need to run with people you know well or ones that have more than two brain cells to rub together?

Love and tombstones

raidyr
02.09.2012 , 04:05 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by SalsaDMA View Post
Why don't you start actually reading the replies before making a comment like that?

Kinda hard to aim around on on targets without having figured out how to aim, eh?

Fact is, for quite a few of us, the turrets handle like crap and seemingly shoot random places compared to where you aim. This makes the turret section plain horrible and an exercise in frustration.
Naturally I assumed "could not turn the turret" meant literally, and not an exaggeration.

That said, I've done it twice, with myself, a friend, and 4 other people, and none of us had problems.

Kindara
02.09.2012 , 04:06 PM | #19
I've run this several times and never had a problem. Kill the Ranged as fast as they pop up and your gold. The turret that disappears sometimes..just stick the healer on that so they can go into healing mode and one person cover that open spot. Its slightly more difficult but its completable.

People who can't aim need to go back to elementry school for how to use a mouse and or keyboard...you move the turret with your mouse aka mouse move like you would oh I dont know.. an FPS game or just your own character's camera..