1.1.3 is nerfing surge by about 10%.

GeoLager

Tell me you are fhawking kidding.

This nerfing just needs to stop.

This class is already pure trash. Not it's just getting absurd.

Medic = trash compared to other healer classes

Operative = way too hard to play (not hard but requires too much effort) for very little reward.

Lethality is broken and essentially not in the game.

This is beyond absurd.

Several of our abilities are broken.

Infiltrate = useless

Recrup nanotech applies the heal to anything near you that isn't read

Evasion doesn't work

Orbital strike is so bad there is no point to use it.

I don't know about you guys but I am starting to get really irritated with this ****.

Even worse is I know these devs don't care. Check this.

# dev posts/replies to inquisitor/counselor boards = 78

# dev posts/replies to warrior/knight boards = 43

# dev posts/replies to bh/trooper boards = 52

# dev posts/replies to agent/smuggler boards = 3

Look at our item sets (like battlemaster pvp gear). It is so lazily put together. 2 of our 3 sets have the same exact 4 piece set and it is a negligible boost.

Look at the coding in the abilities. 80% of the bh/trooper abilities have over 15 lines of effects and subeffects with an average number of lines for bh/trooper of 12. Average # lines for agent/smuggler is 4.

There is a reason they havn't added any kind of system to analyze damage done. Any kind of arena system.

They don't want the clear massive imbalance issues to become obvious.

That means the priority has changed to power instead. Even if that isn't the way, I coulnd't care less, this game is going down by the month... they have so many things to fix and they apply new that might actually shift the balance again towards one side or the other. Wake up!

hm my problem as a conc. operative is that accuracy has absolutely no use for us since all our attacks are tech (and no acc. does not give armor pen or whatever). So until now I tried to exchange the crappy enhancements on our t3 gear with the power/surge drops (some t2 pieces are actually better than t3). But now I guess I already will be at the surge cap so basically I have to accept having some useless stats on my gear forever.

Oh and yes this change will hit us a bit harder than other classes since we naturally achieve higher crit chances.

Edited by Sumpfheini

Sometimes I wonder if they were supposed to add Shiv and/or Lacerate to the 30% crit bonus damage talent. I mean, sever tendon in there? That doesn't even make sense.

There are many things that don't make sense. This class was just a fill-up. An extra ''assassin'' that began as a mirror to the actual sith assassin but it was of medium range. Later they made it an opener-based class to differ from the assassins. Now...well.. i don't know what they're looking at for the future but this class has serious problems. Noone can tell what it was designed for. Roleplay purposes maybe.

The talents need some serious tweaking, that includes medicine,concealment and lethality. Many don't even have synergy.

Edited by zaknaphein

Only people that can be blamed are the people that go around the forums talking about how they got "Three shotted"

As a person who has played just about every class on my original account to at least 40 I can say there are many of these little "myths" that run around the forums that get really irritating. The reason its irritating because its more effective when swaying bioware.

They have yet to realize that for every forum post that is complaining about something like "Ops Burst too high" theres at least another person who is okay with the damage they're doing.

Nerfing Surge does nothing but throw the whole game out of whack. You don't adjust mechanics that affects every class in the game. Now Raids are out of whack, PvP is out of Whack, regular PvE is out of whack. This is gonna be a pain in the backside.

1.1.4 Patch Notes

- Imperial Agent Class has been removed from the game due to lack of viability.

Lol they could at least turn us into inquisitors!

Hell if we don't get removed, the general population will do it voluntarily by slowly ostracizing us. As if that process hasn't already started...

I already see guild/group recruitment requirements of "NO OPERATIVES!"

It's just going to keep getting worse... blanket nerfs that effect us more than any other class are fantastic. Well... the 1.1 patch hit Smashers more than us, but you know what I'm saying. AOE 10K IS FINE, NERF SINGLE TARGET 8K BECAUSE IT'S FROM STEALTH!!

Edited by Xenthum

Really. On my server there are Guilds who are looking for non-sorc Heals for 8/16 Ops.

the only reason they are doind that is due to loot competition and well because conent is easy so you dont need best performing setup to get thigns done.

@surge nerf - this just shows hwo pathethic those devs are. What next... we are separating crit from main stat as players were havign higher crit chances then anticipated?

Edited by Crawler

Really. On my server there are Guilds who are looking for non-sorc Heals for 8/16 Ops.

I've seen this as well, but unfortunately it doesn't support your point. One guild on my server was preparing for a 16-man KP run and asked me if I wanted to go, since they really needed a DPS IA.

They didn't want me because they thought I would add more DPS than another Sorcerer would. They didn't want me because they knew I was good at my class. They didn't want me because my class was somehow ideal for fighting one of the bosses in the raid.

No, they wanted me so that everyone could get my +5% crit buff, which they'd otherwise have had to go without. Even if I sat there and did nothing else, or died within the first five seconds of each boss fight, they'd still come out ahead on damage with that. If it had been a Hard or Nightmare mode then I'd be even more desirable; since I wasn't a Sorcerer or Mercenary, I wouldn't be competing with their own guild's DPSers for any class-specific loot that might drop.

Another nerf to us, yay! Who isn't suprised?

# dev posts/replies to inquisitor/counselor boards = 78

# dev posts/replies to warrior/knight boards = 43

# dev posts/replies to bh/trooper boards = 52

# dev posts/replies to agent/smuggler boards = 3

And this sums it up nicely and shows you exactly where their favourtism lies.

Ouch... this'll seriously affect my juggeranut a great deal as well.

Devs are going to HAVE to increase the overall damage output on operatives then.

PS- I think a better solution is to tone down the expertise stim from 15% to 5%, that's where half of the hard hits are coming from.

Edited by Sookster

Great, now when I've finally got some 51/56lvl crit+surge ehancements for my rakata pieces (seriously, whoever put alacrity on our gear should be forced to play in that gear for few weeks and then write few pages about how much of a boost alacrity was for him) and now this happens...I'm starting to feel bad and also desperate