Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Horridly Long Loading Times

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Horridly Long Loading Times
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Archijslv
01.25.2012 , 03:14 PM | #21
BioWare help us gosh darn it we are having a serious issue here. I also have the same problem and my pc is fairly good, even when I ctrl+alt+del to make the priorrity of SWTOR higher its the same result, also I get serious screen issues (suffering from some kind of frame rate drop ) its really annoying. HELP US!!!

Zakrak
01.25.2012 , 09:59 PM | #22
I'm also having the same problem. It can take several minutes to load up the game from the character select screen. It also seems to take longer and longer each time I play. I am also running Win 7.

Moux
01.26.2012 , 12:33 AM | #23
Same issue here. Only application doing this. LA Noire, Skyrim, Deus Ex Human Revolution, Batman Arkham City, Civ 5 have no such behaviours. My load times are so long, I find I'm doing more reading of my book or build my magic decks than I am playing this game.

I often load into a black screen for an additional 4-5min wait, I'm often afraid to change zones, as that's another 10min I have to wait.

I'm running an i7 960 with 8GB RAM and a Radeon HD 5870 of a 1TB WD Caviar Black HD. Not exactly top of the line anymore, but very very far above the min system requirements. Is there anything I can do, short of getting an SSD?

PeteLeaman
02.07.2012 , 03:28 PM | #24
Having the exact same problem, it annoys me to hell
Happens when entering warzones and certain planets
Takes 3 minutes to just get past the loading screen when entering Tatooine/Nar Shadaa/Alderaan
Also, having the sound & music come on a minute before screen goes away...

Joskara
02.09.2012 , 02:45 PM | #25
Bump on this. I have the same thing. I can still move and hear all sounds. Even type in chat. Its just the loading screen is in the way!

Dasco
02.09.2012 , 03:05 PM | #26
Another bump from me...

Loading times have been very long since patch 1.1. Before that it was ok. I clocked loading Alderaan on a stopwatch on 2,5 minutes.

Nicopej
03.11.2012 , 07:32 PM | #27
exact same problem for me... no good advices? anyone?!

Zohkar
03.11.2012 , 07:49 PM | #28
I have the same issue, but what I find interesting is my girlfriend and I play on the same network. I can load the game up 3-4 minutes before her and she gets into the game before me by a average of 2-3 minutes.

Main differences between are two computers are:

Phenom 9500 (2.2mhz) vs. A6-3600 (2.1mhz)
8gb ram (677mhz) vs. 6gb ram (1333mhz)
GFX 550TI vs. HD 6530D
Vista 64bit vs. Windows 7 64bit

Recently seen someone said there is a issue with my processor since it is a Agena from AMD. But everytime i try to find a fix for it it's not panned out at all.

Cerimon
03.11.2012 , 09:10 PM | #29 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings All,

Firstly players should run the repair utility form the launcher to rule out any file corruption. Other than that, deleting temp and junk files then running a defrag should help load times decrease. Everyone should ensure they have all important windows updates installed including the optional .Net Framework and C++ redistributables.

Thank You for playing Star Wars™: The Old Republic™

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Datamonger
03.11.2012 , 09:18 PM | #30
I once had the same problem, especially when I wanted to switch between apps and even quitting the game, would take 5 minutes or longer. But I was running Vista 64 bit with 4 gigs of RAM. I upgraded to Windows 7 with a freshly formatted hard drive, upgraded the RAM to 6 gigs (although I may not have needed to) and reinstalled the game.

As far as players who already have Win 7 installed, all I can do is recommend using CCleaner to remove extraneous files wasting HD space and to clear up any registry errors. Also use Defraggler to defrag the HD (and make sure to delete any existing "shadow copies" afterwards as they can waste several gigs of space). However, that's something I always had to do on Vista, not sure if Win7 stores shadow copies or not.

Note that these are third party programs, but I can say I've used them for several years without any issues.