Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Early access=confusing!

Screaming_Ziva
12.15.2011 , 07:01 AM | #21
I pre-ordered and am currently enjoying early access and I know early access is a perk of pre-ordering. However, personally, I think that if someone has physically received the game already, the entry of their game code should allow them into early access. Having the game in-hand and not being able to play it just doesn't seem right to me.

Dasffion
12.15.2011 , 07:20 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Screaming_Ziva View Post
I pre-ordered and am currently enjoying early access and I know early access is a perk of pre-ordering. However, personally, I think that if someone has physically received the game already, the entry of their game code should allow them into early access. Having the game in-hand and not being able to play it just doesn't seem right to me.
They only have the game because some companies decided to send them out early. Which normally is a big no-no. I assume this has to do with BIoware's decision not to allow a grace period.

Azuredraco
12.15.2011 , 07:23 AM | #23
Totaly agree with you!. Why send out the game when you cannot play...it just creates false hope of "woho i can play". But well, now the situation is like it is...can't do anything about it....

Drethon
12.15.2011 , 07:26 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Azuredraco View Post
Totaly agree with you!. Why send out the game when you cannot play...it just creates false hope of "woho i can play". But well, now the situation is like it is...can't do anything about it....
Because too many people cried about not getting their physical copy by the 20th and not being able to play after EGA ends so they sent them early. They could let everyone in on the 20th but then the starter planets would be absolutely swarmed (unless planet instancing works good then I don't know the exact reason) and no one could play.

Ultimately if everyone is annoyed and minimal amount of people are completely pissed, Bioware did their job

Marcelad
12.16.2011 , 09:14 AM | #25
So that means December invites are going out 2day right?

manlytears
12.16.2011 , 09:43 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Marcelad View Post
So that means December invites are going out 2day right?
1 min after actual release I bet.

Meyoname
12.16.2011 , 09:51 AM | #27
The site said that "Everyone who ordered in December should get theirs today"

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=34924