Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Wait a cottonpicken second here...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Wait a cottonpicken second here...

ArThreeDeTwo
02.09.2012 , 10:16 AM | #31
A wizard did it.

Skerry
02.09.2012 , 11:24 AM | #32
Hehe OP.

Welcome to Science Fiction Fantasy vs Science Fiction =)
"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."
Martin Luther King, Jr.

KBSIP
02.09.2012 , 01:05 PM | #33
Soft Science discussions are pointless, give up now.

Why?

Your primitive scientific background, and the low level of your society's technology, makes the technology and science behind it incomprehensible to you and the misconceptions of your "Physics".

DarkCarnage
02.09.2012 , 02:01 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Aleeha View Post
I dunno why I didn't think about this before but I just have to ask - since when does light have the ability to become a solid object with tinsel strength? A beam of light is not a solid object, so with lightsabers is there some rod which then has "energy" around it?

I can see if the energy has enough heat to melt objects as in the Phantom Menace when the jedi sticks his saber into the door and beings to melt it. OK, heat is causing that. Light can generate heat. Makes perfect sense.

However, if a lightsaber hit another lightsaber without some "rod" in the middle they'd just pass through one another.

There's some wonkywoo physics going on here..
acutly if you wanted a realistic version of a light saber there a you tube vedio that a world renoun physics PH came up with, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSNubaa7n9o a link , it a 3 part video.

i beleive they figure it can not be a "light"saber but rather a plasma saber. this was eiser to contain and adjust.
Server: Shadow Hand ; Char: DarkCarnage SW
Guild: Hellions, i'm pretty easy to find, jsut follow the path of dead bodies, kocked up Sith ladies and crying Impiral soilders, bwhaahhaha.

siegedeluxe
02.09.2012 , 02:10 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Dalgorian View Post
Star wars is not scifi, it's fantasy in a scifi'esk setting.
What this man said. Also, on another note. 2012 doomsday movies goes under the same category of lightsabers.