Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Darth Maul - what's up with his bad teeth?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Darth Maul - what's up with his bad teeth?

kalimarr
02.09.2012 , 06:05 AM | #1
Bored at work. Got a newspaper on my desk with an ad for the Phantom Menace in 3D on the back cover. Its using the same image I remember seeing when TPM was first released of Maul's grimacing face on a black background. And it got me thinking again:

What is up with him and his bad teeth? Yeah yeah he never brushed his teeth etc etc All joking aside is there a lore reason for this? Did he do it on purpose to look more menacing? Is it Sith corruption?

Gomla
02.09.2012 , 06:15 AM | #2
Because the dark side has cookies....

And no toothpaste.

ItsTyrone
02.09.2012 , 06:18 AM | #3
I wouldn't look for too much of an explanation behind it - the entire design was to be as menacing looking as possible, the lore is usually written after the fact to explain it.

Darth maul was, as far as I know, the first Zabrak to be shown, so I'm fairly certain it was just a matter of "let's make him look as much like a demon as possible and explain it later".

kalimarr
02.09.2012 , 06:21 AM | #4
Reading around on other internets forums reveal that it is most likely Sith corruption. Anything a bit more solid from peeps who have read the expanded universe comics or novels?

Dreeb
02.09.2012 , 09:44 AM | #5
I think its more the common face to paint the bad guy. Sith corruption only affects the skintone, veins and eyes.
| Ztoke Victus - Bounty Hunter / Mercenary |

SDFX
02.09.2012 , 11:34 AM | #6
Simple really. He got punched in the mouth somewhere along the way. He's a step away from going cybernetic jaw.

Vinpascal
02.09.2012 , 11:42 AM | #7
His teeth, I do not know. Dont get too much into that. I think Darth Maul's actor was a smoker.

I do know most Zabraks have tribe tatoos or eventually tatoo's on their body.

Palpatine gave maul the tatoos, that I do know. He put them on his body

reaperkeepet
02.09.2012 , 01:22 PM | #8
He took a lightsaber to the tooth.
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth Baras
The cake is a lie, there is only pie, through pie I gain calories, through calories I gain fat, through fat my belt is broken, the recliner shal free me...

GoodEnoughForMe
02.09.2012 , 01:58 PM | #9
Order 42 from Palpatine officially repealed dental work from Republic Galactic Health Care.
"When reality overcomes the dream, all sanity is lost in it's depth." -- Anonymous