Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Fps Issues

Celwinn
12.13.2011 , 04:52 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by TalliNV View Post
Stupid question, how do I enable viewing my FPS?
Believe its Control+Shift+F?
Don't let the past define you

Kourage
12.13.2011 , 05:02 PM | #12
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...ew,3087-3.html

Quote:
The game is built using Simutronics’ HeroEngine, licensed to Bioware Austin. Our testing shows that there are two graphics options that affect performance in a significant way: bloom and shader detail. The other settings don't appear to have as much impact on performance, even at the maximum setting.
Looking for a good woman. Able to clean, cook, sew, catch bait, and clean fish. Must have boat and motor.
((Please send picture of boat and motor))

Annexis
12.13.2011 , 11:53 PM | #13
I'm also having problems, during beta had unplayable fps but after I put all the settings on lowest (especially shadows) then it ran fine.

Now I've just started again and it goes okay outside in the open world but as soon as I go indoors I'm getting ~3fps which is obviously a problem. I've lowered all the settings to minimal but didn't see anything about shadows.

There is another issue that it wont let me run on the normal resolution. I want to play on 1366x768 but it automatically resets itself to 1280x720
TOTAL DARKNESS
The path to the darkside...
WEBSITE | APPLY

Thynsiia
12.15.2011 , 04:29 AM | #14
i played beta on high with no problems, now i log in and it seems that even on low i have bad fps
the thing is it only happens when i enter caves or buildings, even when nobody is around.
tried changing resolutions updating drivers etc.
strange thing is that it also happens to my friend and GF computer both having descent laptops
Join Shadow Menace (sith) for a fun Star Wars experience
http://www.swtor.com/guilds/174949/shadow-menace
EU *Lord Calypho* RP-PVP

Kotli
12.15.2011 , 04:45 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Thynsiia View Post
i played beta on high with no problems, now i log in and it seems that even on low i have bad fps
the thing is it only happens when i enter caves or buildings, even when nobody is around.
strange thing is that it also happens to my friend and GF computer both having descent laptops
Guess it because inside caves etc theirs more bloom and Shadows which according to some are the major things that effect FPS.

Makhbet
12.15.2011 , 04:49 AM | #16
I had the same problem but got a solution. Apparently there is a glitch with low settings that causes the fps problems. The solution is:

1. put everything on high
2. turn off v-sync
3. turn off shadows
4. set details to your desired level
5. enjoy more fps
Legions of Lettow EU
Banehallow Legacy

Macgyver

veevito
12.15.2011 , 04:57 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Thynsiia View Post
See that's interesting. It's just the opposite for me. FPS jumps up when I enter a cave with no one around, especially a class only area.

Turning off shadows helps alot and considereing the quality of the shadows at this point, I don't mind turning them off.
How shall I ever understand this world? There is nothing on which it is so hard as poverty, and yet, there is nothing it condemns with such severity as the pursuit of wealth.

-Scrooge

Ethock
12.15.2011 , 07:20 AM | #18
Also when I did a flashpoint, when i was versing multiple enemies my game would really start to bog down, I would get a bit of delay and be in the single digits for fps.I'm hoping this is a problem with the game itself.