Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Expertise Buff Pickup Locations on Huttball

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Expertise Buff Pickup Locations on Huttball

02.09.2012 , 11:41 AM | #1
Does anyone else feel these buffs are too much off to the side and rarely picked up due to often being far away from where all the fighting is occurring? Every time I go over to pick one up, it's there about 90% of the time. I feel like nobody bothers with them because they are often too far away from the enemy/ally ball carrier and you waste precious time trying to kill/protect them by going out of the way to get the buff. It seems the only class that actually consistently uses these buffs are Operatives/Scoundrels and the occasional Assassin/Shadow. It's a shame too because it can mean the difference between a kill on the ball carrier or the healer keeping him up.

When you compare their location to the ones on Voidstar or Huttball, its laughable how far away they are from "chokepoints" or areas where fighting often occurs.

Alderaan - 2 in the center up on the ledges for fighting at center turret, 2 at the bottom of each drop off from center when heading to a side turret, and 2 just outside of each side turret. All are placed relatively close to a turret and are used constantly.

Voidstar - One in the center at the first set of doors, two at the second set of doors with one being on the Attackers side and one on the Defenders side, and two at the last set with one being under the ramp and one near the right side wall. Just like Alderaan, these are picked up all the time and are extremely useful.

I think they should either move the buffs to a more convenient location or just add two more somewhere on the map.

What are your thoughts on these?

02.09.2012 , 11:49 AM | #2
Why don't we just automatically get all the buffs put on us immediately and then we can have Huttball on steroids.

Seriously, they're off to the side for a reason. It's a trade-off. Take time to get the buff or chase the ball carrier.

02.09.2012 , 12:06 PM | #3
It's not really a tradeoff on Voidstar or Alderaan is my point...

On both of these maps, the buff is either about 3 to 5 seconds away from the Objective point (the buffs on Alderaan in the center and side turrets) or it is on the way to the Objective (Voidstar buff on first set of doors or buffs on Alderaan at the bottom of the dropoffs in center on the way to side turrets).

In Huttball, the buff is neither on the way or near the objective. The only time I see it picked up by a non-stealth class is when the ball carrier happens to be near the buff, such as when they are just heading up the side ramps, or when players happen to be fighting near them.