Change Loot Drop Mechanics, Please

Loot drops from Hardmode bosses should not be specific to a class (ie Jedi Knight/Sith Warrior). Instead, the drop should be a generic coin/gem/commendation that any class can win and turn in for a specific type of loot. This is Dungeon Loot Distribution 101.

The current system, predictably, awards loot drops for classes that are not present.

Heck, what happened to the Loot Bag we kept hearing about before launch? Even that would be preferable to this crap. The current system involves two layers of randomness: the first and most important layer is the RNG that will determine if a piece relevant to your class will drop, followed by the RNG roll to compete against any other toons from an identical base class. It rarely fails that I'll run a Flashpoint with an Assassin tank, a Sorcerer DPS, a Mercenary DPS, and a Sorcerer Healer only to have a Sith Warrior or Imp Agent item drop. My companions are gearing up faster than I am, because I win greed rolls on these useless pieces.

This system that you've developed, Bioware, is very discouraging. It takes upwards of an hour to complete any given Flashpoint, and in the end you wind up without any reward.

And what's our alternative? A single columi commendation and some (useless) Tionese crystal drops? Seriously? When Columi gear costs 67 commendations per piece? That's pretty bogus.

Edited by Belcorwyn

The columi tokens are bogus at best, you are right, 67 commendation when you get so little for dailies and OPS is ridiculous. By the time you get 67 comm you are already in Rakata gear or at least all your gear is columi.

It doesn't take long to see the broken system, and once you are on the treadmill you realize it's a one way endgame and there is nothing waiting for you once your reach the end of it.

With 1 class per token your less represented class is fully geared while your high represented class has 1-2 pieces each. The system is bogus at best.

I am no longer looking to raid anyway, the bugs are a major buzzkill, wasting evening wiping on bugs is not my idea of fun. I have a good guild, but now I feel like everyone is irritated, there is no worst feeling in MMO than finishing a night and no one is happy.

I sound like a doomsayer but I don't feel the game will survive if it doesn't change quickly.

Loot drops from Hardmode bosses should not be specific to a class (ie Jedi Knight/Sith Warrior). Instead, the drop should be a generic coin/gem/commendation that any class can win and turn in for a specific type of loot. This is Dungeon Loot Distribution 101.

The current system, predictably, awards loot drops for classes that are not present.

Heck, what happened to the Loot Bag we kept hearing about before launch? Even that would be preferable to this crap. The current system involves two layers of randomness: the first and most important layer is the RNG that will determine if a piece relevant to your class will drop, followed by the RNG roll to compete against any other toons from an identical base class. It rarely fails that I'll run a Flashpoint with an Assassin tank, a Sorcerer DPS, a Mercenary DPS, and a Sorcerer Healer only to have a Sith Warrior or Imp Agent item drop. My companions are gearing up faster than I am, because I win greed rolls on these useless pieces.

This system that you've developed, Bioware, is very discouraging. It takes upwards of an hour to complete any given Flashpoint, and in the end you wind up without any reward.

And what's our alternative? A single columi commendation and some (useless) Tionese crystal drops? Seriously? When Columi gear costs 67 commendations per piece? That's pretty bogus.

I acutally really like that idea it makes alot of sense; I hate saving up commendations anyways. Cheers to this.

Edit: Might wanna throw this into the Suggestions thread.

Edited by Generaljerms

Or it goes to the other extreme you run hard mode op and get the entire columi set in on run, or in my case, 4 times over. Ive never had to use any of my commendations because i found every piece before i even had 50 columi commendations.

The loot system is pretty crappy, the drops are too frequent and the commendations are pointless.

worse part is it's broken as hell

i was in a group of two BH's and two SI's and we ran six straight HMs.

we got THREE class specific drops (SI or BH) from the 20+ drops we got while running.

and before some fanboi comes in and say RANDOMNESS RAWR

IT

HAPPENS

ALL

THE

TIME

the loot seems to drop way more for whatever class/classes that ARE NOT in the group.

the weird thing is back before a few patches ago, this was NOT an issue, so something BW "fixed" broke it.....:rolleyes:

Or it goes to the other extreme you run hard mode op and get the entire columi set in on run, or in my case, 4 times over. Ive never had to use any of my commendations because i found every piece before i even had 50 columi commendations.

The loot system is pretty crappy, the drops are too frequent and the commendations are pointless.

Then you are one of the lucky ones. I have been running 3-4 HM per day for the last 3-4 weeks and have 1 piece, and have only seen Consular gear DROP a small handfull of times (including Tionese gear from regular bosses)

We seem to get mostly Smuggler gear with the odd piece of Jedi/Trooper thrown in for good measure. I have a full suit of orange gear with Columi enhancements that I ripped out of all of the non-useable drops we've received. Considering our usual group runs with 3 Cons (1 Tank, 1 Heal, 1 DPS) + 1 Jedi it's getting beyond frustrating. Especially when a guildie Trooper got 5 drops in 5 runs the one time we pulled him along.

If they aren't going to remove the class requirement on tokens, they either need to reduce the cost of Columi via commendations, or add a couple Columi commendations for finishing the zone to the point where you could get ~1 piece a week running 3 or so zones per day. The current system takes about a month per slot only getting commendations from Dailies + Weekly

Under the current system, I have tanked HM FE 20+ times with the same 4 man group consisting of all four classes. I have never received a chest piece, not because I havent won any rolls but because I havent even got to roll! The sith warrior has 15+ the operative 2 and the assassin 5. I just want a damn chest pc please, I think I've put in my work. (not to mention I didnt get any social xp for any of them but thats another story) Edited by Prolyfic

Its difficult to believe that in this day and age, the technology to pick out a columni (or other type) token based on the 4 people in the group, doesn't yet exist.

We have players in the guild who's companions have 2-3 pieces of columni, but they don't have a single one. Its stupid.

- P

Hello everyone,

We already have an ongoing thread on this subject. In order to keep the forums tidy and conversations in one place please use this thread to discuss the topic of loot variance in hard mode flashpoints, we will be closing this current thread. Thank you for your understanding

Edited by Trineda