Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Next tier operations have level 51 mobs?

demoncrat
02.09.2012 , 08:57 AM | #1
I managed in getting 5 Rakata pieces for my BH Powertech.

I noticed all the +accuracy and ****** damage mitigation stats. I thought about slotting my columi mods/enhancements in so I could get my old mitigation stats, but that didn't make sense. This is supposed to be an upgrade, right?

For hours later I looked over all the other Rakata tanking sets. I'm a Powertech and I should be going for Absorb/Shield chance, along with some defense mixed in (3:3:1 is good ratio like WoW warriors). The full Rakata for all tanks, IMHO, would lower mitigation while increasing accuracy quite a bit.

There's only one explanation really. Unless Bioware messed up big time, and didn't itemize properly, the Rakata tanking sets are meant for tanking level 51 mobs. With accuracy at 105% I would have a 10% chance of missing a level 51 mob. This is inline with accuracy of 95% against level 50 (even level).

The only explanation for why Rakata just sucks for the current raid tier is that it's not meant for it. It's a set you keep on you for the next tier until you get the coming tier set equivalent of Tionese/Columi.

TLDR version: Rakata tanking set has +accuracy for tanking next tier which will be level 51 or level 52 mobs.
Eternity Vault is one giant bug. Please fix it

boomdead
02.09.2012 , 09:04 AM | #2
This just in: bioware's itemization is very poor.

Sound the alarms.

Xneco
02.09.2012 , 09:18 AM | #3
If next tier is lvl 51, then it would be nice to know... because I keep trashing accuracy mods/enchantments in my gear...

Gustomucho
02.09.2012 , 09:23 AM | #4
Yep, hard to believe they cannot even get itemization right. I am betting next tier will have same set bonus, which will make the gear progression even more boring.

I don't know why they did not go with higher tier = higher bonus.

demoncrat
02.09.2012 , 09:33 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Gustomucho View Post
Yep, hard to believe they cannot even get itemization right. I am betting next tier will have same set bonus, which will make the gear progression even more boring.

I don't know why they did not go with higher tier = higher bonus.
My theory is it's easier to balance with a reset happening at the last tier. This reset is lowering mitigation and just giving you accuracy so you're now "keyed" to the next tier. What would make you useless in tier 2 operations? Not being able to hit properly. That's all your DPS and tanks made useless. You -must- have Rakata or equivalent to do tier 2, if my theory is correct.

By removing mitigation stats and bumping accuracy you're now technically reset to your mitigation at fresh 50, or close to it. The next set of armor (dreadmaster armor?) will keep your accuracy and give you your mitigation stats back. Rinse and repeat.

This may very well be an oversight by Bioware, but I find it hard to believe -everyone- is getting accuracy bumped for no reason.

EDIT: Bioware needs to come clean about this though, and they haven't. Some raiders will quit because they feel the itemization is so daft it's not worth progressing.

Qilz
02.09.2012 , 09:39 AM | #6
Itemization is pathetic. Accuracy all over the place. Been removing them and storing them in the bank. It's pathetic how bad these sets are.

Gustomucho
02.09.2012 , 09:43 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Qilz View Post
Itemization is pathetic. Accuracy all over the place. Been removing them and storing them in the bank. It's pathetic how bad these sets are.
This is what I do too, and when I don't have enough mods/enhancement I just put the token in the bank.

demoncrat
02.09.2012 , 10:20 AM | #8
I just added up all the numbers. If anyone has a full set of tanking Rakata can you confirm you have exactly 105% accuracy?

Seems like too much of a coincidence. This set would include bracers, belt, implants, and earpiece.