Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Poll: What do you think about the new changes made to global cooldown UI in 1.1.2?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Poll: What do you think about the new changes made to global cooldown UI in 1.1.2?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

View Poll Results: What do you think about the new changes made to the global cooldown UI in Patch 1.1.2
They're good! 1,075 31.10%
They're terrible! 1,972 57.04%
I don't care either way. 410 11.86%
Voters: 3457. You may not vote on this poll

Ravzar's Avatar


Ravzar
02.09.2012 , 05:52 AM | #1021
I didn't like it at first but after about an hour I got used to it. However, an option to swap between this form of UI and the old one would be good. I think people who have the most problems with it would be those who look a lot at their hot bars. Since I have hot keys for everything and know what keys do what I only glance down at the hot bar to check cooldown timers and I think the new UI makes that a bit more clear about what is on cd and what is not. For some abilities like the gunslinger's scramble shield that has a 3 minute cd with the old UI it was difficult to know if it was usable or not because 20s left on it showed the hot bar tile as completely lit up.

Caereth's Avatar


Caereth
02.09.2012 , 05:57 AM | #1022
here's a thought - revert the UI and focus on the people still having connection issues when they play....

and why no hotfix for it, roll it back. You're fixing things for the PvPers but not the rest of us - not fair to your paying customers who now can't physically play the game because of the new flashing which makes us ill. And I paid for 6 months for pete's sake.

FIX IT NOW PLEASE!

grucho's Avatar


grucho
02.09.2012 , 05:58 AM | #1023
Quote: Originally Posted by Ravzar View Post
I didn't like it at first but after about an hour I got used to it. However, an option to swap between this form of UI and the old one would be good. I think people who have the most problems with it would be those who look a lot at their hot bars. Since I have hot keys for everything and know what keys do what I only glance down at the hot bar to check cooldown timers and I think the new UI makes that a bit more clear about what is on cd and what is not. For some abilities like the gunslinger's scramble shield that has a 3 minute cd with the old UI it was difficult to know if it was usable or not because 20s left on it showed the hot bar tile as completely lit up.
What about abilities that proc on having dot on target like bounty hunter. You have absolutely no hope to see it as useable because everything is grayed out all the time.

Dathriot's Avatar


Dathriot
02.09.2012 , 06:00 AM | #1024
The new change is busy it lights up and its hard to tell one ability from the other in your pirif also it is greyed out an extra second please revert or make options

-Your pal and supporter Raith

darthtoph's Avatar


darthtoph
02.09.2012 , 06:01 AM | #1025
Quote: Originally Posted by Caereth View Post
here's a thought - revert the UI and focus on the people still having connection issues when they play....

and why no hotfix for it, roll it back. You're fixing things for the PvPers but not the rest of us - not fair to your paying customers who now can't physically play the game because of the new flashing which makes us ill. And I paid for 6 months for pete's sake.

FIX IT NOW PLEASE!
BW had the option to do this earlier today when they took down the servers to hotfix Ilum. But they didn't bother. That says it all right there....
I don't judge a game by how old or new it is, I judge it by what it is when it is presented to me.

LaVolpex's Avatar


LaVolpex
02.09.2012 , 06:02 AM | #1026
Quote: Originally Posted by grucho View Post
What about abilities that proc on having dot on target like bounty hunter. You have absolutely no hope to see it as useable because everything is grayed out all the time.
the only way abilites are "grayed out all the time" is if you are spamming keypresses

so dont spam keypresses and you have no trouble seeing when conditionals activate..


as for the original question and poll, i like them myself, have no troulbe playing with them but then again i had no trouble before this change either

darthtoph's Avatar


darthtoph
02.09.2012 , 06:05 AM | #1027
Quote: Originally Posted by LaVolpex View Post
the only way abilites are "grayed out all the time" is if you are spamming keypresses
So melee characters like mine with instant action abilities are supposed to go attack, pause, attack, pause, attack? Nice thinking, Sherlock.
I don't judge a game by how old or new it is, I judge it by what it is when it is presented to me.

grucho's Avatar


grucho
02.09.2012 , 06:06 AM | #1028
Quote: Originally Posted by LaVolpex View Post
the only way abilites are "grayed out all the time" is if you are spamming keypresses

so dont spam keypresses and you have no trouble seeing when conditionals activate..


as for the original question and poll, i like them myself, have no troulbe playing with them but then again i had no trouble before this change either
Don't spam keypresses? Are you kidding me, it shouldn't matter if I do it or not (like in WoW). Almost everyone does it as it makes you sure you don't lose that milisecond window between abilities. You make yourself sound as ignorant game developer tut tut.

Agenteusa's Avatar


Agenteusa
02.09.2012 , 06:08 AM | #1029
Quote:
the only way abilites are "grayed out all the time" is if you are spamming keypresses

so dont spam keypresses and you have no trouble seeing when conditionals activate..
Yeah, I suppsoe if I donŽt use my keyboard IŽll be able to see the conditionals.... Are you for real??

I mean seriously, you answer to that guy with this? Hello, teh game is supposed to handle succesive keypressing nto hti a key , wait 1 sec hit other key...

Wazooty's Avatar


Wazooty
02.09.2012 , 06:11 AM | #1030
Quote: Originally Posted by LaVolpex View Post
the only way abilites are "grayed out all the time" is if you are spamming keypresses

so dont spam keypresses and you have no trouble seeing when conditionals activate..


as for the original question and poll, i like them myself, have no troulbe playing with them but then again i had no trouble before this change either
If you are waiting until AFTER the gcd is down to press another ability, you are performing quite sub optimally aka being bad.

Stop.