Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Player Bounty Hunting!!!!!!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Player Bounty Hunting!!!!!!

adomis
02.09.2012 , 02:59 AM | #1
Hello all, have you noticed that the bounty hunter class cannot hunt other players?? This was a pillar of gameplay structure in Star Wars Galaxies.... Now it occurs to me that a player bounty system should be in this game, player hunting is alot of fun, and many bounty hunters from SWG can attest to that if not all of them. So in an attempt to draw the attention of the developers of this game ive setup a website that keeps track of player bounties placed by players the rules for the hunting are disclosed on the website.

www.thebountysheet.webs.com

enjoy and spread the word

Atlantisus
02.09.2012 , 03:11 AM | #2
Sounds really fun and someday when I have a lot of free time I'll give it a try
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

DervimNorth
02.09.2012 , 07:18 AM | #3
As much as I like the idea, I don't think it it's possible in this game. First we don't really possess the tools to locate targets and second, it's kinda hard to ambush anyone, when they can see you coming.

If anything it would make more sense to make such kind of thing for OPs and assassins, simply because of stealth.

bromel
02.09.2012 , 08:08 AM | #4
+1 dude. Awesome idea.

Thinking about it, it could be implemented as a Class Quest for the higher levels. For example, in order to proceed with the story you must travel to a Republic's Planet and make a bounty kill, which could be a random Republic player.

Or, if they ever input an Achievement system (which i would love to see) the BH could have Achievements of such.

e.x. - Bounty Hunt : Kill a Republic Player in Nar Shadaa. Upon completion you gain +XX Valor and +XX Credits and +XX Dark Side Points.

You totally made my day.

Gonna check that website now too.

GG

edit: The website you made is a great idea but i don't think it's going to work simply because one cannot commit his whole gaming time hunting down random players because one cannot know where they are.
On the other hand, it would be more than awesome to see the same sheet as a bounty list in game and upon Bounty kill you receive the Credits by in game mail. Only that everyone should have a Bounty on their heads. Even Bounty Hunters ! The more you level/gain stats/gear/pvp valor etc the more your Bounty gets higher.
+ + + + + + =
Boondock McManus Mercenary @ Starstorm One

DaidotDeamon
02.09.2012 , 10:50 AM | #5
Really would not work... the idea is alright but It just won't work. Won't you find it strange seeing the only Imperial Bounty Hunter in your Republic planet sanctuary? They will see you coming and be on edge/guard. So overall the idea would be great but for this game player bounty wouldn't work at all.
"Don't Pity the Dead my Friends... Pity the Living"
I am Jedi, I am Sith!

Mamm
02.09.2012 , 12:07 PM | #6
Game content little empty now.. Want more..
Server: Lord Calypho.
Class: Bounty Hunter - Mercenary.
Name: Sader Bloodthirsty.
Level: 50. PvPrank: 64

DervimNorth
02.09.2012 , 12:45 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by DaidotDeamon View Post
Really would not work... the idea is alright but It just won't work. Won't you find it strange seeing the only Imperial Bounty Hunter in your Republic planet sanctuary? They will see you coming and be on edge/guard. So overall the idea would be great but for this game player bounty wouldn't work at all.
Yeah, which was why I've said it was more appropriate for stealth-based classes

Rhyne-
02.09.2012 , 12:48 PM | #8
Whether it will work or not, this is a terrific idea.
There are enemies yet to fell and blood yet to spill...

Yescek
02.09.2012 , 12:50 PM | #9
The whole "they-can-see-you-coming" thing never mattered in SWG. EVERYONE was ALWAYS on edge whenever ANY BH was around, faction had nothing to do with it.

However, I also do not see this working very well in TOR simply because of how intense the faction split is. It worked in SWG cause you could have BH's on either side. Unless you wanted to make "bounty hunting" open to any class then, again, I don't see this working.

Opening it to any class would kinda defeat the purpose, wouldn't you all agree? Caveat: It'd still be *********** awesome.

kreated
02.09.2012 , 12:51 PM | #10
You do realise that player bounties on PVE servers would be non-consentual pvp. Basically griefing of a player that did not want to participate in said encounter?

I personally love PVP, not against it one bit. But being able to track another player, then go out of your way to kill them has griefing written all over it. People would abuse this system to no end to harass people