Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Poll: What do you think about the new changes made to global cooldown UI in 1.1.2?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Poll: What do you think about the new changes made to global cooldown UI in 1.1.2?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

View Poll Results: What do you think about the new changes made to the global cooldown UI in Patch 1.1.2
They're good! 1,075 31.10%
They're terrible! 1,972 57.04%
I don't care either way. 410 11.86%
Voters: 3457. You may not vote on this poll

StephenReid
02.08.2012 , 05:50 PM | #741
Hey everyone, thank you to all of you who gave constructive feedback here. We've closed the poll as we feel we have a good indication of your opinions. As I said previously, changes will be made to the global cooldown and we'll bring you more information when we have a solid timeline to share.

Possibly more than any part of the game, UI is a very subjective topic, so we understand the varied opinions expressed here. The long-term aim for The Old Republic is to give players flexibility in their UI choices and the changes coming for Game Update 1.2 will allow for more of that.

I wanted to also address concerns about the Public Test Server. We're working towards enabling character transfers so you can move your own character across and test new patches. Other ideas to allow the testing of high-level content have been explored, but ultimately character transfer is what we want to allow for everyone.

StrikeOfLight
02.08.2012 , 05:51 PM | #742
Quote: Originally Posted by Rustid View Post
This is the first post I have made to the forum and that is because the new GCD effect makes me feel sick after playing for roughly 30min. The only other videogame to do this to me was Battlefield 1 + 2: Bad Company due to the ratio of the size of weapons vs the size of characters on the screen. I hope they fix it soon as I have to stop after 45min - 1 hour of gameplay.
I wish you addressed people getting physically sick from the UI causing a form of motion sickness. Why didn't you?

Thesseract
02.08.2012 , 05:51 PM | #743
Quote: Originally Posted by StrikeOfLight View Post
GamewizX is completely correct. I knew this fellow way back when the OT was flourishing, and I myself used a gold text w/ bold highlights. GamewizX is an intelligent person with an aptitude for writing that isn't often seen anymore. If I remember correctly, he is also a perfectionist.

Even if some of you have disagreements in opinion, he is an excellent person and I will vouch for his caliber any time it is brought into question.
My problem is that he uses very loaded language and implies things he later denies. If you look throughout this thread and the original thread most of his posts spawn arguements because of this.

OsarionRDM
02.08.2012 , 05:51 PM | #744
Quote: Originally Posted by RoadtoArkham View Post
Didn't even notice the changes till the forum started drowning in QQ.
Honestly, I find it hardly noticeable. I see that it's been changed, but it's an afterthought really.

Funny thing is, the people that either are/will be saying things like ZOMG LOOK AT RESULTZ, TOLD YOU! don't even stop to consider that the amount of peole that have responded in the poll so far are about 1/6 of 1% of total people subbed.
I find your over-inflated sense of self worth disturbing.

Kalolo
02.08.2012 , 05:51 PM | #745
Hi bioware,

GCD ui is too flashy, u must add a countdown on abilities on cd's, let the UI has more customisations, or simply let people generate addons for ur game.
Listen to us for once, please.
Before Swtor launched i was
Then i tried the game and i was
I waited for fixes and i was and , sometimes going
Now i understand why people call you BIOFAIL and i'm

gryhmr
02.08.2012 , 05:52 PM | #746
Quote: Originally Posted by StephenReid View Post
Hey everyone, thank you to all of you who gave constructive feedback here. We've closed the poll as we feel we have a good indication of your opinions. As I said previously, changes will be made to the global cooldown and we'll bring you more information when we have a solid timeline to share.

Possibly more than any part of the game, UI is a very subjective topic, so we understand the varied opinions expressed here. The long-term aim for The Old Republic is to give players flexibility in their UI choices and the changes coming for Game Update 1.2 will allow for more of that.

I wanted to also address concerns about the Public Test Server. We're working towards enabling character transfers so you can move your own character across and test new patches. Other ideas to allow the testing of high-level content have been explored, but ultimately character transfer is what we want to allow for everyone.
You also wanted to completely ignore the health issue.

So this isnt going to be changed til march?!

Catsmeat
02.08.2012 , 05:54 PM | #747
When is 1.2 going to be available? I can't play till the strobe lights go away.

emeria
02.08.2012 , 05:54 PM | #748
I have been having a lot of trouble with this change. I have light sensitivity and the flash after the fading blue is bugging the hell out of me. I am getting dizzy and nauseous from it within 30 mins of playing and I am forced to log.

I had no problem with the GCD before. How about making the blue flashing a little more subtle making it more like a grey found in other games and removing that bright flash at the end of it. If I could customize my UI, then I could move all of the flashing to one cube of bars and maybe then it would not bother me, but I am unsure. All I know, is that people complained about a little issue that was not that bad and Bioware royally screwed it up.

If this is not fixed by next bill cycle, I will have to quit, not because I am mad and hate this game, but because of one change that I cannot adjust to, one that physically makes me sick. I am sad for this and ask for a fix promptly.

New Idea for spell CD's: Add a countdown to the ability coming off cooldown for once it gets to 59 secs. Anything below a minute will show the countdown for its cooldown no matter what and longer cooldowns will be easily noticeable by this minute countdown.
...../|..__________________/\_
..../ `---___________----_____|]-------BOUNTYHUNTER-----CE
.../_==o;;;;;;;;_______.:/
...), ---.(_(__) /

gryhmr
02.08.2012 , 05:55 PM | #749
Quote: Originally Posted by Catsmeat View Post
When is 1.2 going to be available? I can't play till the strobe lights go away.
1.2 is the March update. so apparently we cant play til next month if that is the case... I'm done since i dont opt into being dizzy for 15/month.

Elynth
02.08.2012 , 05:55 PM | #750
All I really want is a mod-able interface. Spend your interface development time on that.