Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Quality management utterly fails on Soa

ThaWolf
02.08.2012 , 03:22 PM | #1
We tried Soa "normal" today and i have never seen as many bugs in one Encounter as today.

Not just that BW is unable to get this Encounter bug-free since game start, no they actually manage to add more bugs from patch to patch and even stack them.

Even when everything is running as intended this Encounter is from a Tank perspective rubbish, since you have to work around massive camera collisions, when you need to find a pylon, which is on a random timer and does random stuff until he drops, and max zoom doesn't even show you half of the room.

Not to speak of, that it is an "console like" Boss-fight, were the first phases are easy, but take a lot of time, and the end-phase is so complex that they seem to even be unable to program it bug-free anyway, stuff nobody wants to see in a PC game.

To round it up, the roll system for the normal mode stays in "retarded autoloot" mode which still gives tank-items to Damage Dealers and caster items to tanks and there is no way to stop that crap though master looter.

I rely love the Game, but raiding drives me crazy...

yoshua
02.08.2012 , 05:01 PM | #2
true that this encounter has bugs. i can list quite a few, but when making a rant like this you should probably start with the facts of what you are complaining about or it just sounds like a bunch of QQ.

bugs in this encounter:

1-Green blob effect in phase 1 does not always graphically appear, half of the group can die before you realize what is happening
2-Phase 3: when the pylon drops on top of Soa the debuff does not always take effect
3-Phase 3: Soa is typically tankable and that is the way it is intended, but occasionally he will become completely untankable and going after what seems random raid members. This wouldn't be bad, except the fact that you HAVE to be able to manage him by a tank to get him under the pylons to apply the debuff that doesn't always occur even when it is a direct hit.

Those are the 3 major bugs we run into and any 1 of them can cause a quick wipe.

Another bug is that if you run a 16 man encounter, and then go to run it as an 8 man encounter Soa doesnt seem to drop from his 16 man mode. So he is doing alot more damage through out, too many lightning balls, and basically makes it impossible to run an 8 man after a 16 man.

But, that isnt a single encounter bug, just a generic gripe of mine.
Yoshua Acero
Pre-Cu Bria Vet - Master Doc/Master swords

Paid 15$ at Gamestop for my CE!

DarthBloodloss
02.08.2012 , 05:05 PM | #3
I work in Quality Assurance and I can tell you this is by no means a "definite QA problem".

There is the possibility that QA failed to find these issues, but more than likely the issues were found and the devs either did not have the time/resources to fix it, or the producers decided to not allocate resources to fix it in favor of something else. QA has no control of what gets fixed.
Bloodloss Mercenary
DESTROYER OF WORLDS || KEEPER OF SOULS

Lindos
02.08.2012 , 05:06 PM | #4
Soa 16m NMM requires IMMEDIATE attention. It's far worse even than last week.

To add a 4th bug to the above list, Platforms are less likely to spawn than ever before...

A 5th is that lightning balls chase players during platform phases (and sometimes also go invisible). O, and sometimes 2 balls go after one player.
10/10 16m NMM
lindos@gmx.com

Gerudan
02.08.2012 , 05:12 PM | #5
Yeah, the fight is pathetically bugged and he becomes worse with every patch it seems.