Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

** BIOWARE Response Needed for Game-breaking Ilum Bug **

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
** BIOWARE Response Needed for Game-breaking Ilum Bug **
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Wildcat
02.08.2012 , 01:32 PM | #661
Quote: Originally Posted by Ayecta View Post
bump again

so u do a majorchange to avoid exploiting but dont reset the exploiters

explain safeguard finally and add more chests

unbelievable looting chests as a pvp quest
Ilum/PVP endgame needs a complete RESET. Remove all the valor and all the gear from the game. Resetting EVERYONE is the only fair thing to do at this point.
Wildcat: 50 Sage, Wildkat: 50 Shadow, J'ackk: 45 Scoundrel, Thrashh: 39 Mercenary

MoonsLightV
02.08.2012 , 01:39 PM | #662
I had a feeling that this "bug" on Ilum was actually not a bug but perhaps a silent way of them fixing the exploit of valor farming. Problem is, why didn't they mention this in the patch notes or as a separate post? There is an EASY fix to stop Ilum valor farming, cap all valor gained on Ilum from killing players to a certain number...say...100, and thats all you get within a 24 hour period. That will certainly discourage the valor farming, if your not getting valor past a certain point why stand around and kill each other for hours?

Other suggestions to make Ilum better would be to place arms not only in center, but ALL over that section of the map, including North, South, and the bases. Funneling everyone to center if you have all these players in one spot, including your own allies, it makes getting these drops take forever because your actually competing against your own faction.
Makes no sense.
I would love to actually play the game but half the time I am either stunned, frozen, dazed, knock down, knock backed, whirlwind-ed, ensnared, shocked, or slowed to play the game.

Nocorras
02.08.2012 , 01:43 PM | #663
Quote: Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
Ilum/PVP endgame needs a complete RESET. Remove all the valor and all the gear from the game. Resetting EVERYONE is the only fair thing to do at this point.
lmao, troll more

mikeytt
02.08.2012 , 01:44 PM | #664
I am rly sick of paying a monthly fee for a beta.I bought a 2 month card can they refund me 1 month back.

JovethGonzalez
02.08.2012 , 01:45 PM | #665 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi everyone,

I wanted to let you know that we will be deploying a patch tomorrow (details coming very soon) with the following resolutions:
  • Killing players on Ilum will now consistently grant Valor and mission credit as intended.

Once again, thank you for your patience.

Galendril
02.08.2012 , 01:47 PM | #666
i got my daily completed 2 days ago

but yesterday, i couldnt do anything.

not one kill registered... pretty big bug.

NomadX
02.08.2012 , 01:47 PM | #667
Quote: Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
This as nothing to do here. The thread is about how endgame pvp, IMO the reason a lot of Ppl play this game, is now a complete waste of time.

I can't wait for GW2 and D3. Had a big expectations for this game but it seems like the only thing that was keeping me here is gone now.

FilthyIlls
02.08.2012 , 01:50 PM | #668
Quote: Originally Posted by MoonsLightV View Post
I had a feeling that this "bug" on Ilum was actually not a bug but perhaps a silent way of them fixing the exploit of valor farming. Problem is, why didn't they mention this in the patch notes or as a separate post? There is an EASY fix to stop Ilum valor farming, cap all valor gained on Ilum from killing players to a certain number...say...100, and thats all you get within a 24 hour period. That will certainly discourage the valor farming, if your not getting valor past a certain point why stand around a kill each other for hours?
How will that fix kill trading at all? This would just give those kill trading a reason to have groups meeting at predetermined times everyday to get their hundred kills worth valor in then they would leave and come back the next day and do it again, and again, and again.

Your solution would actually cause things to take longer for people doing their weekly/dailies in ilum legit as the kill traders would be gone after a certain amount of time.

Whatever they did to "fix" kill trading has completely borked ilum and the problems seem different from server to server.

Like I said in my earlier post. Twin Spears yesterday around 3:30pm. I get to ilum, get about 20 kills that count for nothing, in this time I died at least five times and was dc'd once. Still no kills I got counted towards valor or quests. Then around maybe 7:00pm or 8:00pm everyone in ilum was kicked to their character select screen. We logged back in and people were worth valor and updates to quests again. We were still in ilum 1, but soon after I guess people got the word and ilum 2 and 3 opened up. People were getting kills on all three instances, but it seemed like the 2 or 3 minute valor cd was still in effect which was fine cause it was just the way it was before the patch.

Today I haven't been able to log on so I hope that it is still working like it did last night when everyone in ilum got kicked.

EternalFinality
02.08.2012 , 01:51 PM | #669
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hi everyone,

I wanted to let you know that we will be deploying a patch tomorrow (details coming very soon) with the following resolutions:
  • Killing players on Ilum will now consistently grant Valor and mission credit as intended.

So, bets on what will break when they implement this? The bonus valor from kills? The objectives switching properly? Bags not being rewarded from the daily quest turn in?

DarthOvertone
02.08.2012 , 01:51 PM | #670
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post

Didn't see this coming from a mile away...

BTW, Joveth. You are a true trooper coming into this thread and giving us some info. I respect you for that. But please pass along to the Dev team that the patience of many of us is beginning to wear thin. Please tell them to fix their shiz and quit effing things up. Plain and simple talk like that should help the situation.

Glad a fix is coming. Not so stoked that it will be done at midnight, my primetime gameplay time...again.
War Hero Alphabolt - Garbage S1 & S2-Champion Van | The Bastion
Conqueror Alphazen - Shadow | Battlemaster Alphabain - Scoundrel | War Hero Alphanoob - PT
Jung Ma | Conqueror Alphabond - Sniper | Conqueror Alphamaul - Marauder | Battlemaster Alphafett - Mercenary
I See Your Schwartz Is As Big As Mine!