Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

** BIOWARE Response Needed for Game-breaking Ilum Bug **

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
** BIOWARE Response Needed for Game-breaking Ilum Bug **
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Iriestx
02.08.2012 , 12:29 PM | #651
Quote: Originally Posted by Nytak View Post
I was getting plenty of credit for the daily and weekly kills.

Quit killing the same person over and over in a short time span, you'll get your credit.
I killed at least 15 different people over the span of an hour, 1v1 or 1v2 in Ilum. I got no credit or valor. Things are not malfunctioning quite as you imagine.

Some servers are working fine. Some servers sporadically reward you for kills and can be fixed briefly by an assortment of gimmicks. Some servers don't reward for anything under any scenario. That's the reality of things, and none of them are the fault of the players.

priestizzle
02.08.2012 , 12:29 PM | #652
Mandalore server

The reasons and fixes people have stated here are strictly based on rumor and random chance. Something else is the root cause. Here's my experience so far in ilum.

Yesterday I logged on early and my 150 weekly was done in about an hour. Towards the tail end of me finishing my weekly I noticed the kills that counted start to slow down and people start to complain they weren't counting. Some kills I had no part of what so ever counted for me while people i actually had a part in their death, didn't. This was when i realized something strange was going on. At first I thought it was fine for me because every so often i would leave the rep base, go cap northern assault and the imp base, then fly back. But, as you will read on, this isn't the case.

I logged off for a few hours and waited on guildies to come on vent before going after the WZ daily/weekly. 4-5 hours later, i logged back in, did some WZ's, crashed once and relogged and we decided to go out to ilum. We were in a small 3 man gank/roam squad and we started hitting the assault points, capping them and getting 3-5 kills at each. These are people far away from the zerg at the republic base, none counted. We tried this for about a half hour and counted 40 or so kills with zero credit; towards the quest or valor.

In these small skirmishes we all died a couple of times, and that made no difference. The people we killed had not died recently, and the few of those who had died recently by our hands were killed at around 10 minutes later, not 2 or 3.

We then headed down to the zerg at the republic base after getting frustrated that we would have to partake in the fishing. We joined the ops and set up shop as usual, but still no credit for the kills pouring in. After an hour and a half, one of the three of us received 2 armaments, and the other 2 of us received none, and I received no valor.

All during this time we experimented with relogging, going out and dying ourselves, etc. Nothing made ANY difference whatsoever. If you had luck with any of these rumored fixes, you simply were lucky and the game randomly worked momentarily before breaking again.

TL;DR- Ilum is broken, rumored fixes are unfounded.

P.S. - This simply favors the imps even more since you have armament crates centralized on a single point in central assault. They are now the only ones who can get the crates as they camp there all day. This will lead to more unbalance with your PvP bag nerf which is putting republic behind even more (I have full champ already, but the VAST majority of the republic on my server, does not, and this will just keep them from catching up even more).

ZenoDnB
02.08.2012 , 12:30 PM | #653
I'm not getting any credit for Ilum kills. One of the biggest problems here is the exploit fix was not explained, so no one knows what changed. There is literally no one on my server doing any Ilum pvp atm, so even if it's not "broken" they have scared off so many players that you cannot complete you dailies/weeklies.
BW - please explain how to correctly PvP to complete our dailies, as you have changed the rules.

adrenalinee
02.08.2012 , 12:35 PM | #654
Quote: Originally Posted by ZenoDnB View Post
I'm not getting any credit for Ilum kills. One of the biggest problems here is the exploit fix was not explained, so no one knows what changed. There is literally no one on my server doing any Ilum pvp atm, so even if it's not "broken" they have scared off so many players that you cannot complete you dailies/weeklies.
BW - please explain how to correctly PvP to complete our dailies, as you have changed the rules.
And that's the frickin problem. They feel if they tell us, there will be ways that people will find to work the system, and that's true too. The problem is you cannot just leave us in the dark here at all. The consequences are WORSE than if you did.

It calls for KILLING PEOPLE. KILLING PEOPLE SHOULD COUNT THEN. It's that simple. Otherwise, CHANGE THE OBJECTIVE of Ilum. Change the quest to do something else. It sucks not getting credit for killing someone because another player killed that guy previously. What kind of quest is kill, then get reward, but some players that you can't tell doesn't count?

LordbishopX
02.08.2012 , 12:43 PM | #655
Yesterday at first 0 credits for kills for me on death wind corridor. After a random crash kills started to count and finished my daily and exited iLum, Seems really random but still broken. Headed back tonight with my fingers crossed lol.

Anatharion
02.08.2012 , 12:47 PM | #656
Fix Ilum please. We'd like our kills to count. Wasted an hour there yesterday for 5 kills. When I should have had 50. Not really fun.

Wildcat
02.08.2012 , 01:07 PM | #657
Quote: Originally Posted by Anatharion View Post
Fix Ilum please. We'd like our kills to count. Wasted an hour there yesterday for 5 kills. When I should have had 50. Not really fun.
What is sad is that every single glitch has favored the Imperials over the Republic players.

Imps got en masse gear because they outnumbered us and exploited valor on Ilum.

They get more gear because of the warzone wins not counting glitch because they win more of them than us.

And now you can't even complete a daily as a Republic because of another glitch.

It seems to me it's time to WIPE all valor levels, remove all PVP gear from the game and start over.
Wildcat: 50 Sage, Wildkat: 50 Shadow, J'ackk: 45 Scoundrel, Thrashh: 39 Mercenary

Wildcat
02.08.2012 , 01:12 PM | #658
Quote: Originally Posted by Iriestx View Post
I killed at least 15 different people over the span of an hour, 1v1 or 1v2 in Ilum. I got no credit or valor. Things are not malfunctioning quite as you imagine.

Some servers are working fine. Some servers sporadically reward you for kills and can be fixed briefly by an assortment of gimmicks. Some servers don't reward for anything under any scenario. That's the reality of things, and none of them are the fault of the players.
I was told last night to just run into the imps and suicide if kills stopped counting. That didn't work.

After an hour I should have had about 45 kills. I ended with ZERO.

Does Bioware actually test anything? With 1.7 million subscribers they should be able to afford a QA department and to have a few dozen people test Ilum before sending a patch live. Or they need to start PAYING players to be testers. Beta is over. I'm NOT going to your test server and do your job for you.

It's at times like this I am reminded of the fact that there are a number of ex SOE Devs on this team. Which given the incompetence that has gone through SOE over the lifetime of SWG like that stuff that goes through a goose is not a great thing to have on one's resume if they want respect as a professional.

I'm sick of the bugs that has basically broken the PVP endgame. Warzones don't count at least half the time. Ilum wasn't fun but at least worked. Now that has been broken.
Wildcat: 50 Sage, Wildkat: 50 Shadow, J'ackk: 45 Scoundrel, Thrashh: 39 Mercenary

Ayecta
02.08.2012 , 01:20 PM | #659
bump again

so u do a majorchange to avoid exploiting but dont reset the exploiters

explain safeguard finally and add more chests

unbelievable looting chests as a pvp quest

Nicain
02.08.2012 , 01:25 PM | #660
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hi everyone,

I wanted to give you all a quick update. The dev team has been investigating the cause of this issue and they're closer to figuring out a solution. As mentioned before, we'll keep you updated with any new developments. Thanks again for your patience on this.
How about you guys roll it back to when it was at least semi-working rather then letting your user population NOT PLAY.

I didn't play last night, and when I get home today I doubt I'll do much playing. I'm lurking in the forums from work hoping that you guys will mention a fix. We understand you are looking into fixing your fix, but since this can take TIME can you allow us to go BACK to what it was prior to this so we can PROGRESS.

You guys do understand when players take a 'break' from the game, after a few days of not being able to play when they want to, they lose interest. If this goes on for a number of days, people aren't going to bother revisiting.

Kindly roll back your code, I mean we know your devs don't know how to, actually test their code, but they should know how to roll it back. Eventually the players will like a clean working Ilum, but in the mean time I'll settle for what we had, otherwise after a few days, i'll just cancel and join the next game that comes out.

You guys do understand you are making GW2 and D3 more appealing then they were before this game launched by the fact you guys seem like a bunch of clueless monkies in a datacenter, right?