Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dual-blade Lightsabers

Rein_Quest
02.08.2012 , 12:11 PM | #1
I think the Dual-blade should at least have 2 crystal slots. Your wielding 2 blades after-all so its not all that different from wielding 2 lightsabers.

This could be argued for the hilt too but I won't push my luck. I just want 2 colors really.

Malastare
02.08.2012 , 12:16 PM | #2
That should be an easy request. I mean, just post a bunch of links showing all the times that a saber-staffs had blades of two different colors and we're in business.

Still waiting...

Gomla
02.08.2012 , 12:31 PM | #3
Then I shall demand a saber with 7 crystal slots.

Soon my dream of swinging a rainbow sabre will be reality.

Pirate_Ron
02.08.2012 , 12:43 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Malastare View Post
That should be an easy request. I mean, just post a bunch of links showing all the times that a saber-staffs had blades of two different colors and we're in business.

Still waiting...
Considering that most dual sabers were basically 2 single blade sabers connected at the Pommel there's no reason you couldn't have 2 colors. Pretty much every time I've seen a dual saber split in two, both halves continue working independantly. That means two hilts, 2 power sources, 2 focusing crystals.

Just because no existing media shows a dual colored dual saber doesn't mean it couldn't be made. Your argument that you need to have existing media showing it before it can exist means that the world followed your philosophy we'd all still be living in a cave entertaining ourselves with rocks and twigs and there would never be any progress.

EngineerDavid
02.08.2012 , 12:45 PM | #5
Personally I would find it ugly, 2 colors...

What I would like to see, is more kinds of colors for your sabers

Malastare
02.08.2012 , 01:06 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Pirate_Ron View Post
Considering that most dual sabers were basically 2 single blade sabers connected at the Pommel there's no reason you couldn't have 2 colors. Pretty much every time I've seen a dual saber split in two, both halves continue working independantly. That means two hilts, 2 power sources, 2 focusing crystals.
Agreed. There are situations where this is not the case, but I agree with you.

Quote: Originally Posted by Pirate_Ron View Post
Just because no existing media shows a dual colored dual saber doesn't mean it couldn't be made. Your argument that you need to have existing media showing it before it can exist means that the world followed your philosophy we'd all still be living in a cave entertaining ourselves with rocks and twigs and there would never be any progress.
That was a fantastic uppercut you landed on that straw man. Bravo.

I haven't argued that its not possible. I simply said that it would be trivial to convince people to make this change once we show everyone a nice collection of some of the times that this has been used in the universe.

I'm not saying that we need to get a petition or show me quotes from Lucas or see model schematics. A scan of a few comics would be fine, or a few quotes from EU books.

That's easy, right? It's not like I'm saying we need to prove that Darth Maul was going to have a red/gold saber but it was scrapped because of special effects budget problems. We just need to show that Darth DidUrMom the Mercileess who is currently standing outside some doorway on Nar Shaddaa begging for someone to help him wasn't the creator of this particular lightsaber fad.

Of course... maybe that would make more sense if it were true.

Here's another thought: I want a light-trident. Surely if we can make multi-hilt lightsabers and short-lightsabers, then we can mount three short lightsabers on the end of a staff to make a trident. Why not add that into the game? Obviously you can't argue against it because it's very possible, and arguing against things that are possible is the same as arguing against all forms of technological progress.

Anastayria
02.08.2012 , 01:11 PM | #7
they'd half to nerf the crystals stats in half if you equipped 2. simple logic but something simple boolean stuff couldnt manage. "if xcrystal is equipped in xdoublebladed saber then stats 1/2" - of course written in proper boolean. would be simple. but a blue and red saber would be nice IM LORD PATRIOTIC AMERICAN MAN FEEL MY BLADE RAWR
Light thinks itself the superior of the two sides but as fast and as powerful as the light may be it always finds darkness just ahead of it waiting patiently

info_man
02.08.2012 , 01:14 PM | #8
If you're talking about the starwars universe, I completely agree. If you're talking about this game though...very unfair balance lol. Unless of course the other crystals stats were voided.

ErikModi
02.08.2012 , 01:26 PM | #9
Actually, Maul's double-bladed lightsaber only had one functional half after Obi-Wan cut it in half. Asajj Ventress has two lightsabers that can join together to make a double-bladed lightsaber, but that's a slightly different animal.
Jedi vs. Sith, Page 97, column 2, paragraph 4, line 1:

Prior to the Battle of Ruusan, the Jedi used crystals from many different sources, and ignited lightsabers in every known hue, including purple, orange, and gold.

Draaconis
02.08.2012 , 01:28 PM | #10
I disagree. Having double the slots in a dual lightsaber is no different than a Sentinel that weilds a light saber in each hand. The mods are not down graded there.
ऄ█╬╬╬╬╬()╬█▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇