Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Poll: What do you think about the new changes made to global cooldown UI in 1.1.2?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Poll: What do you think about the new changes made to global cooldown UI in 1.1.2?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

View Poll Results: What do you think about the new changes made to the global cooldown UI in Patch 1.1.2
They're good! 1,075 31.10%
They're terrible! 1,972 57.04%
I don't care either way. 410 11.86%
Voters: 3457. You may not vote on this poll

JovethGonzalez
02.08.2012 , 10:06 AM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi folks,

We recently implemented a change to the global cooldown UI with Patch 1.1.2 and we realize that it has been a hot topic here in the Forums. In an effort to prioritize any new changes to the UI, we wanted to poll the community on their opinion of the current global cooldown UI. Please vote in the poll above! As a reminder, please only vote with the cooldown UI changes in mind.

Invalid_Integral
02.08.2012 , 12:03 PM | #2
These choices are not very useful because it doesn't give you any insight on what peoples' specific problems are.

MatAuc
02.08.2012 , 12:03 PM | #3
The poll is locked.

Scramilton
02.08.2012 , 12:04 PM | #4
"You may not vote on this poll."

Nice one!

Sarsi
02.08.2012 , 12:04 PM | #5
There is no option for "Causes headaches and makes me nauseous" Which is a very large complaint and this poll is pretty much mocking everyone with the painful side effects.

I am happy you guys have finally given a small tidbit of communication to the thousands of posts since the change was implemented yesterday but you are still not addressing the painful side effects the UI change is causing. This is telling those of us who are getting these side effects that you don't care about what your changes have done to make us physically unable to play. Your lack of acknowledgement is speaking volumes for how you see your subscribers.

Poin_Dex_Tenobi
02.08.2012 , 12:04 PM | #6
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll
Trinity - Hydian Way, Republic side. Come join us!
C2-N2 - The only thing that crits is his voice in your earchannel! -- SW:TOR Management

Naroga
02.08.2012 , 12:04 PM | #7
I dislike the new UI a lot.

There are two main problems:

One: The Global Cooldown causes ALL abilities to flash when it's up. This means all of your bars will flash white every 1.5 seconds.

Two: Using ANY ability causes all of your abilities to go grey and they don't fade back in until after the Global Cooldown is up. This is a huge problem when you're a class that spams abilities every second, such as a Jedi Sentinel. Basically, the abilities never light back up and are in a constant state of fading grey and flashing. Because of this, you can't tell what abilities are ready, whether or not you're in range, or if you have enough resources to use the ability.

I play a Sentinel and it is almost impossible to determine when abilities are off cooldown. During my hardmode raid last night, my entire UI was constantly greyed out or flashing, which made it impossible to determine which abilities could be activated.

I could not monitor Merciless Slash, Cauterize, Overload Saber and Zealous Strike properly. I basically had to guess when each was ready to use. The other raiding Sentinel in my guild was having the same issues.

And don't get me started on the flashing every 1.5 seconds...
-- Naroga Korzen -- Jedi Sentinel of <Fatality> -- Thana Vesh, PvE --

eyeseeudie
02.08.2012 , 12:05 PM | #8
This poll went through the same phases of testing as Ilum

Dasthug
02.08.2012 , 12:06 PM | #9
I was immediately kind of irritated by it, but after questing for a bit I got used to it. I wouldn't really consider it an improvement, but it doesn't really bother me. I guess I'm firmly in option 3.

Benfynyn
02.08.2012 , 12:07 PM | #10
Now you ask us?
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post

After some investigation, it appears that there was some miscommunication between teams and this patch note was not intended to be included in this last patch.