Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Getting my advanced class: how?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Getting my advanced class: how?

Commander_Stipe
01.02.2012 , 09:57 PM | #1
Stupid question I am sure but I hit level 11 on my smuggler and when I went to the republic fleet after completing all the quests on on Ord Mandell the advanced told me to bugger off he had nothing for me. From what I've read we're supposed to get our advanced class at 10. Do I have to go to Couresant first or am I missing something?

Thanks

mathisk
01.02.2012 , 10:09 PM | #2
You get a quest from someone right as you enter the fleet space station. If you miss the quest, try bringing up your talent trees by pressing the "K" button (by default). If you don't have an advanced class, it should show you your two choices so you can pick on at that point. choose one and then go to the class trainer, and you should be able to train your class-specific abilities.

-Azimov-
01.02.2012 , 11:47 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by mathisk View Post
You get a quest from someone right as you enter the fleet space station.
That's nearly right.
The first guy you meet will be in the shuttle bay for Typhon\Ord Mantell departures, and he will offer you the quest for the first flashpoint Esselles.
You then go up the lift to the main deck of the station and just a short distance up ahead there will be 3 available quests.
1 will be from an NPC with the available quest marker over his head, this is the one to get your advanced class.
The other 2 are from a mission box about crew skills and social points.

That quest should have been there when you first went to the fleet unless you finished your class story on Ord Mantell before hitting level 10.

There should also be a place to get this quest on Coruscant, though as I always get it when first getting to fleet I couldn't tell you where exactly.

Commander_Stipe
01.03.2012 , 12:37 AM | #4
Thanks guys ran right by those guys looking for the trainer...little to much time reading the forums...instead of exploring.

terribletim
02.08.2012 , 12:57 AM | #5
all of the above, but basically you have to finish your class missions . if that wasnt said

CzaplaM
02.08.2012 , 09:11 AM | #7
When you get level 10 you have to find the guy who gives you the quest.
http://1stvideogame.com/?p=2380
Things you wish you knew when starting SWTOR
Please feel free to add to it

Dirtylobster
02.08.2012 , 09:15 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by terribletim View Post
all of the above, but basically you have to finish your class missions . if that wasnt said
Fairly sure that is not needed... You only need to ding lvl 10 one way or another