Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hutt Ball - can we have it removed from random WZ?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Hutt Ball - can we have it removed from random WZ?

02.08.2012 , 05:48 AM | #21
they should add additional 'games' where you can play your own faction, that way you wont be forced to keep playing the same WZ 'huttball' when your faction outnumbers the opposition

maybe a capture the flag game (I know it's been done to death but at least they can get it right)
Corvinus - Sith Sorcerer - Nightfall - Tomb

02.08.2012 , 05:51 AM | #22
Ok my 2 cents here. First, anyone that bothered to take the time and listen to what the devs have been saying would know that there is another Warzone match on the way.. and very soon. They have also commented on the fact that they are planning to allow the selection of warzones sometime in the future.

However the last part, in my opinion, will hurt warzones. I think the randomness to the warzones adds flavor. You don't get a bunch of pre-made teams trying to dominate one particular battleground. I'm not a huge fan of huttball, but it is a great and refreshing difference to the capture the flag and tower defense that damn near most all MMOs have had. At least give them credit for trying something new.
Outcasts of Coruscant / Imperial Alternative
The Harbinger Server
The Wulff Legacy - Family, Honor, and Obligation
Aedales, Vaeolas, Cyrayne, Aksuraei, Mordaecai, Terralon, Jexsan

02.08.2012 , 05:54 AM | #23
I dont mind huttball, but here is a thought, reputation for warzones, you know sort of like wow, make it so that grinding wz's gives something else then the same commedations!

I would love a mini hutt pet to slug around behind me
The voyage of discovery is not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes.
-Marcel Proust

02.08.2012 , 05:57 AM | #24
i would give them credit if they had put the effort into warzones, there should be a dozen maps and a dozen gamemodes atleast. The current state of warzone is dire.

Not that it really matters, as the crappy pvp mechanics will likely spoil any warzones map/mode.

02.08.2012 , 05:59 AM | #25
Perhaps the worst topic in Frogdog history.

02.08.2012 , 06:07 AM | #26
I really like hutball. A lot of times all I get at night are civil war and voidstar. And I'm imperial.

Troll Toll
The Twin Spears
Hardcore Mentality. Casual Raiding Schedule

02.08.2012 , 06:21 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Demorgoth View Post
He said 'american football', more commonly known as 'hand egg'

Perfectly viable for a Hutt (in fact I think I actually saw a couple playing during the Superbowl) and they can just bring on what I believe they call a 'special team' for the few predetermined kicking parts.
Couple angry Euros on tonight eh?

Anyways, hopefully if they do add the ability to select a warzone they add a bonus to random too, because however it rolls it would suck to have your favorite warzone be a ghost town just because people can't grasp teamwork. Or how to use their hands

02.08.2012 , 06:31 AM | #28
I fully agree with the OP.

Huttball is heavily wieghted against certain classes and is a fight club often with a mess of unbalanced teams resulting in people just using knockbacks all the time.

02.08.2012 , 06:33 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by MuNieK View Post
Not everyone is american football fan and american football for many of us is just not the thing that sith and jedi should do... This is breaking the immersion. I just cant find any good reason why sith inquisitor would like to play football >.< - like there is not enough of jedi to eliminate out there and battlefields to fight on...

At least give it as a special option to check/uncheck while signing up for warzones. I just dont want to be there. Landing on that area kills a sith in me. When there will be really little of sith in me left i will have no need of playing this game anymore.
not everyone likes long queues.
I used to be Part of the community But the aussie dollar is strong with this one.

02.08.2012 , 06:34 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Mindwormbified View Post
Perhaps the worst topic in Frogdog history.