Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PvE weapons compared to PvP

ohsheet
02.07.2012 , 05:43 PM | #1
Why is it that the PvP weapons are better than the equivalent PvE weapons?...

For example, on my jugg I have the champion war leaders saber.

It gives 26 endurance more, and only has less strength, shield rating, and defense rating. But, the defense rating is only 19 more, and shield is 48 more than the columi equivalent (Soresu's razor)

Then when you look at the rakata saber, Darth Sion's Lightsaber, its even worse!

Darth Sion's saber gives:
+6 max dmg
+4 min dmg
+27 str
-8 end
+51 accuracy
+7 force power
+57 absorb
-38 defense rating

So tell me, why does the champion saber give more endurance and defense rating than the rakata saber?

The columi one may ALMOST be worth it due to the increased shield rating and defense rating, but it should still have equal if not more endurance than the champion.

Natarii
02.07.2012 , 05:47 PM | #2
Are you comparing to the new 'fixed' version of the Rakata light saber? PVP gear, while viable for beginner level operations, really do have some drawbacks when going for hard and nightmare mode operations. The Rakata level saber should be superior to the Champion level saber FOR PVE CONTENT. Expertise takes the place of more useful PVE stats. The difference between pve and pvp gear is most noticable on tanks, in my experience as a healer. PVP geared tanks take quite a bit more dmg in PVE content than PVE geared tanks. DPS have a little more leeway with the pvp/pve difference, and I'm not entirely sure about healers (I only use pve gear to heal).
Dark Lord of Altaholics Anonymous
Sword of Ajunta Pall - Sith Empire

ohsheet
02.07.2012 , 06:03 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Natarii View Post
Are you comparing to the new 'fixed' version of the Rakata light saber? PVP gear, while viable for beginner level operations, really do have some drawbacks when going for hard and nightmare mode operations. The Rakata level saber should be superior to the Champion level saber FOR PVE CONTENT. Expertise takes the place of more useful PVE stats. The difference between pve and pvp gear is most noticable on tanks, in my experience as a healer. PVP geared tanks take quite a bit more dmg in PVE content than PVE geared tanks. DPS have a little more leeway with the pvp/pve difference, and I'm not entirely sure about healers (I only use pve gear to heal).
I have a 5/5 columi set on my juggernaut for tanking. I also have a full champion set. The difference between the columi and champion armor and such is quite big. However, I see no reason to use the columi saber over the champion saber for PvE on my juggernaut. Sure it gives more shield chance and a little more defense rating, but I don't think that outweighs the difference in endurance.

I may be wrong..

Also, to answer your question, yes I was looking at the new rakata gear today after the patch. It's just a bit silly imo... The BM saber is a bi tbetter, but not really worth it either. It gives a minimal increase in stats, but 37 defense rating less than the champion..

Dukibritches
02.07.2012 , 07:45 PM | #4
I would think that the weapon dmg increase would be a big deal for a melee DPS. For casters probably not so much though.