Give us something to buy with Battlemaster/Champion/Centurion Commendations

TheRabbit

Background Information:

With the current gear acquiring system, it takes 432 Centurion Commendations, or 743 Champion Commendations, or 20 Battlemaster Commendations to acquire a full (14 piece) set of PvP gear.

Champion Bags give 15 Centurion Commendations and 7 Champion Commendations, meaning that the absolute worst case scenario will be 28 bags needed to acquire full Centurion Gear, and 106 bags needed to acquire a full set of Champion gear.

Consider that you get 80 Warzone Commendations per Warzone and it takes 800 Warzone Commendations to purchase 1 Champion Bag. You also are able to get 2 Champion Bags per day from Daily quests, and 6 Bags per week from Weekly quests. Assuming a 50% win ratio, if you complete both PvP dailies every single day, each week you will get 20 Bags from quests, and (42 Warzones * 80 Commendations) 4.2 bags from Warzone Commendations.

Thus, the absolute worst case scenario of only completing your Dailies each day with a 50% win ratio, and never getting a single Champion item token, it will take you 4 weeks and 3 days (aka 31 days) to acquire a full set of Champion Gear.

With the current rate of valor gain, once again assuming that you only complete your dailies every day, it will take you significantly longer than the above 31 days to reach valor rank 60. This means by the time you hit valor rank 60, you will have numerous "extra" Centurion and Champion commendations saved up.

Once you reach valor rank 60, you are reduced to getting 2 Battlemaster Bags per day and 2 additional bags from the Weeklies (In addition to the 4 Champion Bags that you get). Each of these bags contains 15 Champion Commendations.

Battlemaster Bags have a 25% chance to give you a single Battlemaster Commendation. To acquire a full set of Battlemaster gear requires 20 BM Commendations. Thus, on average, it would take you 80 BM bags to acquire full BM gear. Because you can collect 16 BM bags per week, it will (again, ON AVERAGE) take you 5 weeks to fully gear in BM gear.

Once you are fully geared in Battlemaster gear, there is nothing to do with BM/Champ/Cent Commendations. Many people are already at this point, or very close to it, and in a few weeks will be fully geared.

Thus, I suggest a new vendor be added near the PvP mission terminal on fleet (next to the PvP Weapon Vendor). This vendor would sell items that are useful to all classes (as opposed to class specific vendors).

Suggested sale items:

• Biometric Crystal Alloys (needed for every crafting skill's endgame items, currently only acquirable via PvE content).
  • Alternate Costume Gear (Stuff that looks cool, and is available in Heavy/Med/Light varieties)
  • Additional Mounts
  • Alternate Rank 25 Enhancements (Things like Surge/Crit, Surge/Power, Shield/Defense, etc. There are a bunch of combinations that exist in Rank 24, but aren't available in Rank 25)
  • Vanity Pets (Sidenote, please fix the Rhythm droid)
  • Social Gear (You can only get social points in PvE content, none available in PvP)

This would give end-game PvP players something to continue grinding for without giving them stictly "better" items and will help fill the gap between major content additions.

I assume that this problem also exists for PvE content. Do people running Rakata level content still get Tionese/Columi tokens? If so, I suggest this vendor be mirrored over by the PvE drop box and have all of the same items available but purchasable with their PvE equivalent items.

I just made a thread not seeing this one.

My suggestion was for buying Valor. Trade 20 to 30 centurion tokens, or 10 to 15 champion tokens for 1000 valor. I am basically full PvP gear, but still have 10 ranks to go before I can start to get battlemaster gear. Trading some tokens that are really just collecting dust on my currency tab for some valor would be sweet.

I just made a thread not seeing this one.

My suggestion was for buying Valor. Trade 20 to 30 centurion tokens, or 10 to 15 champion tokens for 1000 valor. I am basically full PvP gear, but still have 10 ranks to go before I can start to get battlemaster gear. Trading some tokens that are really just collecting dust on my currency tab for some valor would be sweet.

That might be kind of a cool idea. PvE gear doesn't have any sort of arbitrary gated requirement to start using Rakata gear, I have no idea why they put that requirement in for Battlemaster gear other than to slow down the progression from T1->T2->T3. There are much better ways of forcing progression than the current valor farming method.

please open up another way to accuire biometric crystal alloy. can be used to craft lvl 48 items but cant be attained untill later. if i could spend pvp currency to get it as an alternative it would be preferable. im lvl 48 and have only been able to afford 1 item useing standard warzone commedations. the rest have been turned in to merc commendations. the price of pvp gear is rediculous. getting gear form pvp batle in WOW wasnt even this difficult. please simplify it. either unify the currency or devide it into open world and standard pvp currency. give me a reason to invade and crush the other faction on their home soil. put that which is unattainable in the lands of my enemy and let me create a path of destruction to get to it. put it near their major cities and make it only gatherable by the citys opposing faction. give me a reason to wage war against my enemy and i shall make their masses fall without mercy. Give my enemy fear that causes him to protect his home from collapseing on his holocrons. Give us a reason to attack and defend outside of normal PVP and watch as we charge in to glorious battle for the taste of fresh blood on our lips and reare crafting materials in our hands. Edited by eatme

Background Information:

With the current gear acquiring system, it takes 432 Centurion Commendations, or 743 Champion Commendations, or 20 Battlemaster Commendations to acquire a full (14 piece) set of PvP gear.

Champion Bags give 15 Centurion Commendations and 7 Champion Commendations, meaning that the absolute worst case scenario will be 28 bags needed to acquire full Centurion Gear, and 106 bags needed to acquire a full set of Champion gear.

Consider that you get 80 Warzone Commendations per Warzone and it takes 800 Warzone Commendations to purchase 1 Champion Bag. You also are able to get 2 Champion Bags per day from Daily quests, and 6 Bags per week from Weekly quests. Assuming a 50% win ratio, if you complete both PvP dailies every single day, each week you will get 20 Bags from quests, and (42 Warzones * 80 Commendations) 4.2 bags from Warzone Commendations.

Thus, the absolute worst case scenario of only completing your Dailies each day with a 50% win ratio, and never getting a single Champion item token, it will take you 4 weeks and 3 days (aka 31 days) to acquire a full set of Champion Gear.

With the current rate of valor gain, once again assuming that you only complete your dailies every day, it will take you significantly longer than the above 31 days to reach valor rank 60. This means by the time you hit valor rank 60, you will have numerous "extra" Centurion and Champion commendations saved up.

Once you reach valor rank 60, you are reduced to getting 2 Battlemaster Bags per day and 2 additional bags from the Weeklies (In addition to the 4 Champion Bags that you get). Each of these bags contains 15 Champion Commendations.

Battlemaster Bags have a 25% chance to give you a single Battlemaster Commendation. To acquire a full set of Battlemaster gear requires 20 BM Commendations. Thus, on average, it would take you 80 BM bags to acquire full BM gear. Because you can collect 16 BM bags per week, it will (again, ON AVERAGE) take you 5 weeks to fully gear in BM gear.

Once you are fully geared in Battlemaster gear, there is nothing to do with BM/Champ/Cent Commendations. Many people are already at this point, or very close to it, and in a few weeks will be fully geared.

Thus, I suggest a new vendor be added near the PvP mission terminal on fleet (next to the PvP Weapon Vendor). This vendor would sell items that are useful to all classes (as opposed to class specific vendors).

Suggested sale items:

• Biometric Crystal Alloys (needed for every crafting skill's endgame items, currently only acquirable via PvE content).
  • Alternate Costume Gear (Stuff that looks cool, and is available in Heavy/Med/Light varieties)
  • Additional Mounts
  • Alternate Rank 25 Enhancements (Things like Surge/Crit, Surge/Power, Shield/Defense, etc. There are a bunch of combinations that exist in Rank 24, but aren't available in Rank 25)
  • Vanity Pets (Sidenote, please fix the Rhythm droid)
  • Social Gear (You can only get social points in PvE content, none available in PvP)

This would give end-game PvP players something to continue grinding for without giving them stictly "better" items and will help fill the gap between major content additions.

I assume that this problem also exists for PvE content. Do people running Rakata level content still get Tionese/Columi tokens? If so, I suggest this vendor be mirrored over by the PvE drop box and have all of the same items available but purchasable with their PvE equivalent items.

Its the same problem in PVE not to mention they rehashed all the gear in every PVE mode =(

I didnt actually realise it until a few weeks in of raiding but there is 3 sets basically in this game for PVE. the Tier gear (1.1 1.2 1.3 with 1.3 being rakata you can count them as 3 seperate but its just better stats they look pretty similair and they give the same bonus's) then there is xenotech and 1 other im forgetting the name of. They spread this loot throughout all the raids and Hardmode FP's. If you run hardmode fp's alot there is no point in running normal raids etc because you already have all the gear because its the same as the gear in the hardmode FP's. Then hardmode Operations have 1 of the 2 non tier sets as well as rakata gear.

I swear a single raid in wow has more unique gear than this whole game has combined for PVE content. The same gear you get from commendations also drops from all of said modes mentioned before.

I dont see how they wouldnt see this as a mistake, it limits replayability of the different PVE modes (fp's raids, HM raids) and when compared to the competition (like wow) the loot table doesnt even compare. I dont like wow anymore and i wont go back to it, but loot is 1 thing they got right. Badge gear doesnt drop from any raids or heroics, heroics have their own completely seperate loot table, and 10 and 20 mans have their own loot tables as well. Then hard modes just have heroic loot that is the same as the 10 or 20 man which is fine though considering how many pieces each boss drops and at least all the loot is actually different in stats. In this game even hard mode raids drop columi gear as well as rakata which is just rehashed from normal operations as well as hard mode FP's

I agree that more things should be added to the vendor (i would even add stacks of the heal/expertise buffs that you get from the 49- daily boxes and that can be bought with warzone/mercenary commendations [or just even make it possible to exchanged the tokens into warzone/merc tokens]).

However OP forgot about one thing - after those 4 weeks and 3 days you've geared one character, but there are also companions :-)

I know that they are useless in warzones and in the pvp Ilum, however you can PvP on other maps as well and having a well dressed companion can change your odds greatly.

Edited by FoxNemhauser