Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

(1/22/18)


Talon_Starfire's Avatar


Talon_Starfire
02.05.2012 , 08:04 AM | #1
Is the (1/22/18) still a viable build because I'm considering it.
Thanks
May the Gray Jedi Order Prevail Server: Prophecy of the Five
Looking for Sith guild.
Jhornak - Sith Assassin Zarchon - Jedi Shadow Cadezann - Smuggler Vistani -Trooper

dathraz's Avatar


dathraz
02.05.2012 , 08:57 AM | #2
Why do u spec in the two dps trees if you gonna tank?

psycosyd's Avatar


psycosyd
02.05.2012 , 08:58 AM | #3
A tank build that does not have points in the tanking tree, nor plans on using Ion Cylinder is going to be a rather terrible tank. You have some potential as a DPS (though not optimal). I think you confused this for the popular Carolina Parakeet build (I believe that is what it is called)

Talon_Starfire's Avatar


Talon_Starfire
02.05.2012 , 09:13 AM | #4
Ok as DPS is it still viable as it makes use of Rail Shot?
Thanks
May the Gray Jedi Order Prevail Server: Prophecy of the Five
Looking for Sith guild.
Jhornak - Sith Assassin Zarchon - Jedi Shadow Cadezann - Smuggler Vistani -Trooper

The_Beastwood's Avatar


The_Beastwood
02.05.2012 , 10:46 AM | #5
No because you miss out +9% RS damage on burning targets and +30% crit damage.

Talon_Starfire's Avatar


Talon_Starfire
02.05.2012 , 10:47 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by The_Beastwood View Post
No because you miss out +9% RS damage on burning targets and +30% crit damage.
What talent do I need for that?
Thanks
May the Gray Jedi Order Prevail Server: Prophecy of the Five
Looking for Sith guild.
Jhornak - Sith Assassin Zarchon - Jedi Shadow Cadezann - Smuggler Vistani -Trooper

neeman's Avatar


neeman
02.05.2012 , 08:34 PM | #7
This is viable as a PvP spec. It is not a tank spec; not sure what those posters are suggesting. It's a PvP DPS spec to be run with the Combustible Gas Cylinder. This is great for PvP because it will allow you to manage heat with all your procs, meaning little down time; it'll give you 6s interrupts, which is frankly OP; and Hydraulic Overrides is one of the best mobility talents in the game. It's a little cluttered with abilities, as you don't really need to use Retractable Blade, so all the talents there are sort of wasted. You give up DPS from the Pyrotech tree for PvP utility.
Tuor, Darth Bandon

psycosyd's Avatar


psycosyd
02.06.2012 , 07:41 AM | #8
The original post was edited, it had asked if it was a viable Tank build. In light of a pvp dps spec, that is more a consideration

Talon_Starfire's Avatar


Talon_Starfire
02.07.2012 , 10:32 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by neeman View Post
This is viable as a PvP spec. It is not a tank spec; not sure what those posters are suggesting. It's a PvP DPS spec to be run with the Combustible Gas Cylinder. This is great for PvP because it will allow you to manage heat with all your procs, meaning little down time; it'll give you 6s interrupts, which is frankly OP; and Hydraulic Overrides is one of the best mobility talents in the game. It's a little cluttered with abilities, as you don't really need to use Retractable Blade, so all the talents there are sort of wasted. You give up DPS from the Pyrotech tree for PvP utility.
Thank you for your assessment. Also why wouldn't I use retractable blade as I'm still learning?
May the Gray Jedi Order Prevail Server: Prophecy of the Five
Looking for Sith guild.
Jhornak - Sith Assassin Zarchon - Jedi Shadow Cadezann - Smuggler Vistani -Trooper

Mapex's Avatar


Mapex
02.07.2012 , 02:27 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Talon_Starfire View Post
Thank you for your assessment. Also why wouldn't I use retractable blade as I'm still learning?
Retractable Blade's damage is low for the points you invest in the ability and the talents that improve it. The only real reason it exists is so that AP specs who use HEGC instead of CGC/IGC can have a DoT on the enemy to enable the use of Rail Shot. Since you are running CGC and have IM, Retractable Blade is redundant.

The only reason you have Retractable Blade in your build is also because you are trying to get Charged Gauntlets, which is actually a very lackluster talent. You'll have enough Tech crit chance from gear, CGC+Prototype Cylinders, buffs and such that your Rail Shot will crit 30% to 35% of the time anyway. I would invest in all the non-HEGC talents in AP, Retractable Blade, and only 1/3 into Serrated Blades so that you only need 21 points in AP for HO, then the free point you save can go into maxing out Rail Loaders in Shieldtech for another 3% Rail Shot damage.
Streamlining Cover to be More User-Friendly and Intuitive
Improving the Adv. Prototype/Tactics Tree
Imperial: Mapex (PT) | Jerro (Sorcerer) | Khallus (SM) | Vinegarstrokes (Operative)
Republic: Mapekz (GS) | Khallas (JG) | Ammon (Shadow) | Bobbumman (Commando)