Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cannot download main asset 1

The_Author
12.15.2011 , 04:48 AM | #1
So I have received the early access, but at this rate, I won't be able to use it.
I have installed the game client, and it keeps trying to download "Main Assets 1". But when it get's close to finishing, the client crashes, forcing me to restart it.
This continually happened during the BETA too, meaning I couldn't even play the BETA.
My disc copy is on the way, will it have all the "assets" on it?
Kinda gutted that this isn't working for me!

salming
12.15.2011 , 04:51 AM | #2
The disc copy works for sure.

Hard to guess what problems you are experiencing. Did you try to run the launcher as Administrator already? Does the download just stops or is the whole launcher crashing down? What about if you re-start the launcher, does download re-start where it stopped before?

The_Author
12.15.2011 , 04:58 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by salming View Post
The disc copy works for sure.

Hard to guess what problems you are experiencing. Did you try to run the launcher as Administrator already? Does the download just stops or is the whole launcher crashing down? What about if you re-start the launcher, does download re-start where it stopped before?
My PC is a couple of months old (pretty much bought it so I could play this game), and as the only user on it, I have admin privileges.
The whole launcher crashes. It does that white screen thing, and windows pops up to ask me if I'd like to shut it down.
When I restart the launcher, it completely restarts the download from the beginning, quickly downloads until it has about 7-6GB left, and then slows right down, 'til it crashes.

Marishi
12.15.2011 , 05:16 AM | #4
Have you given the program permission to go through your firewall/virus program etc?

This sucks as I know how long it takes to download the client Hope you reslove it soon.

PatGreen
12.15.2011 , 05:21 AM | #5
I was having the same problems for about 7 installs. Eventually ran a memtest and it found an error in one of my six sticks of RAM. though I am down to 10 GB of RAM, but I installed it one last time with out any problems.

Do some memory tests to see if there is any corruption at all, because that is a very likely problem.

Just waiting on my early access invite now...

The_Author
12.15.2011 , 05:21 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Marishi View Post
Have you given the program permission to go through your firewall/virus program etc?

This sucks as I know how long it takes to download the client Hope you reslove it soon.
As far as I know, I've given it full permission.
Thanks for the sympathy.
Hopefully, when the disc arrives, it'll have everything on it, so I can bypass this problem.