Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hard/Nightmare Ancient Pylons Bug

Merraith
01.26.2012 , 04:49 PM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by Zilliztra View Post
Did not work for us. Locked up both time we tryed it on nightmare. NNNN also bugs. We gave up for tonight. *********** lausy bugged instance...

Most annoying thing is that after each try, you have to reset this bugged up instance and clear trash again. BIOWERE THIS DOES NOT CONSTITUTE AS "FUN".. Fix it..
You can skip a majority of the trash to the point you only have to clear 2 packs on the paths up to each pylon really even if you reset.

South first works. If you get a set up with only 1 turn on the last wheel it can lock up and not spin even though the console is active...in this case exit/reset/go back.

The amount of false info is ridiculous. Yes there are bugs that should be fixed, but the workarounds work.

arnoldlol
01.26.2012 , 05:49 PM | #112
stealing this from OPW front page:

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/9272/xalltheyg.png
Cali Killed Nox
o [Website] o [Stream] o

Deaus
01.26.2012 , 06:18 PM | #113
This fight is bugged. Clearly anytime you wipe and have to manually reset the instance, there is something not going right.

But we had a differnt bug today. Instead, the consoles (after our second wipe, and second instance reset), were only half clickable, and what i mean by this is, the NORTH pylon could be clicked to start the encounter, and the south was unclickable. So even after starting the fight, we was unable to to click the south at all.

We then tried to reset the instance, only to see it claim that there was someone still in the instance, and we couldnt reset it.

Just because you've beaten it each time, doesnt mean its not bugged; unless anyone wants to take the time to explain to me how this is the intended mechanic bioware had in mind? One completely unclickable pylon and one completely unresetable instance.

fleeZy
02.03.2012 , 11:48 PM | #114
i am bumping this with the greatest of justice!
If this forum's a rollin', I be a trollin'

Merraith
02.04.2012 , 12:03 AM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by Deaus View Post
anytime you wipe and have to manually reset the instance, there is something not going right.
If you're "wiping" on pylons...way more than "something" isn't going right.

Durpadurp
02.04.2012 , 01:22 AM | #116
I wrote this in another thread about this. It is officially bugged.

Quote: Originally Posted by Durpadurp
No matter what people say, whether you finished the encounter or not, this fight is bugged.

My guild has finished this fight on both normal and hard modes sever times and it's just a luck of the draw type of thing. We have attempted every strategy mentioned on every forum, and tbh, sometimes you get lucky and it works.

Two mechanics that are reliable are:
1) The ads spawn at a set rate, they are not based on stages.
2) If you take too long the control panels stop working (this is the enrage timer)

other than that. Your best bet is to figure out before hand which platters need to be turned which way in order to minimize the number of times you have to spin them.

Please Bioware, read your forums, acknowledge what people are saying, and respond accordingly.

At the least, we need a Dev to post something in here to at least say that you are looking into the issue.
And the GM response, another post I made in another thread:

Quote: Originally Posted by Durpadurp

To stop the hate and arguing with these posts about the Ancient Pylons encounter, I HAVE YOUR ANSWER.

Yesterday whilst talking with a GM about a different issue, I had the chance to ask him/her about the Ancient Pylons encounter. I explained to him all the different methods to doing this fight that people were trying, and the response I got was exactly what i expected.

Summary, NOT QUOTE:
"The Ancient Pylons encounter on Hard/Nightmare modes is definitely on our list of fixes that will be implemented as soon as possible."

There you have it. The encounter is OFFICIALLY not working as intended and will be fixed hopefully sooner rather than later.

Citrum
02.06.2012 , 09:06 PM | #117
Try solving all of south before you do north. It works I sawz it
<Cali Killed Nox>
*Now Recruiting - Apply Today*

Merraith
02.06.2012 , 10:20 PM | #118
Quote: Originally Posted by Durpadurp View Post
I wrote this in another thread about this. It is officially bugged.
Yes, but as long as you do either workaround of SSSS or NSSN finishing the wheels first and avoiding a 4th wheel that only requires 1 spin...you completely avoid any bugs. It's very simple to do, no idea why it's so hard for some people to follow the simple steps.