Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

warning- do your planets in order * SPOILERS*

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
warning- do your planets in order * SPOILERS*

Chatokun
02.01.2012 , 08:35 AM | #11
Actually Zapher, it's the same here, I still have that quest open at 50. My reason for not doing it is simply laziness though, I just haven't bothered to go back to do it. Tattoine wasn't exactly my favorite planet, but I'll probably do it when I go after all my holocrons, which I'm doing soon.
Jedi Knight Wannabe
...and Operative it seems, yay!

TheDeacon
02.01.2012 , 09:11 AM | #12
Yeah, it's funny, if you check the most recent patch notes, apparently they've "fixed" this issue.. and by "fixed" I of course mean that it will no longer cause anyone else to fall into the trap we have.

.. Oh wait, you were expecting them to fix us who are already affected by it as well? Sorry but it would seem that, irregardless of the fact this is one of, if not THE highest-costing multimedia entertainment projects IN HISTORY, due diligence is a lost art within the paltry service team assigned to the game.

One of the top 5 ways to guarantee you lose some subs? Ignore a literally character progression-breaking bug, even when presented on a per-user basis to your customer support team.

Crezelle
02.02.2012 , 02:00 AM | #13
well rofl...just did what you guys sudgested- congrats! you managed to get me past an obstacle several phone, and on-line live chat agent's couldnt do for me.
so i have a big sore unfinished quest...i got a legacy name and am
Spoiler

and vector foresaw me trying to parade him around town naked- i guess it's chilly in alderaan, cause he's got lots of layers underneath his armor.. darnit... i'll just plop a man-skirt and a tin bucket helmet on him, and hide moth balls in his sock drawer.

CPJugg
02.02.2012 , 06:27 PM | #14
I just checked back here. Thanks guys. I will try that scenario tonight and see if it works. I thought I had done this already but I can't remember. Its been 4 weeks.

neowizard
02.02.2012 , 07:09 PM | #15
Well.. I don't think they fixed it because it happened to me just yesterday. I'm trying what you guys said about resetting the quest. Fingers crossed.

Galby
02.02.2012 , 11:21 PM | #16
This happened to me. Fortunately I was able to progress pastit, but I still have the tattoine portion as a grey un-finishable quest that I can't abandon. Ticket 5 days ago, they dont care.
The Force is a lie, there is only luck.
Through my luck I smuggle stuff.
Through my smuggled stuff I gain credits.
My Credits shall set me free. - Smuggler's code.

Wallaid
02.03.2012 , 03:37 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by TheDeacon View Post
Sorry but it would seem that, irregardless of the fact this is one of, if not THE highest-costing multimedia entertainment projects IN HISTORY, due diligence is a lost art within the paltry service team assigned to the game.
It's not the developers or complexity of the game that makes it so expansive. It's the royalties they have to pay to George Lucas for using the Star Wars brand etc.

Take the name away and redo everything that relates to Star Wars and the game would probably be as "cheap" or cheaper than other MMOs in it's league.
I am in the shadows
I am watching you
I am the embodyment of Imperial Intelligence
- Wall'aren Operative

CPJugg
02.06.2012 , 09:44 PM | #18
Thanks all for the replies in this thread. I have put in 4 tickets and since 1/6/12 and not a single response from Bioware except for the initial acknowledgement that they are looking into it.

If any of you are in/near Portland, Oregon, I owe you a beer or two. Following the steps you described, I was able to get it untangled.

Idiots at BW were completely worthless. So embarrassing that the user community is more competent than the game developers when it comes to resolving issues for the player base.

Crezelle
02.06.2012 , 10:14 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by CPJugg View Post

If any of you are in/near Portland, Oregon, I owe you a beer or two.
i'm headed to newport or astoria this summer. LOVE yurt camping on the coast. and when a canadian like myself says the people on the oregon coast are very friendly, you know its a nice spot.
exept you got me hooked on tillamook cheeze.
Crezelle De'Chimera, of the Shadowlands
" Secret Agent Blue Booty, at your service. You Lead the way; I bring the kolto. "