Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Talents to avoid

tfuller
02.06.2012 , 12:37 PM | #1
I've noticed a large amount of mis-information in our talent tree. I just wanted to have a list of things in 1 place where others could refer to it. Respeccing isnt that expensive unless you do it frequently but its annoying when you put a point into a talent that does nothing.

Talents that dont work:
Medical Therapy (Operative)
Evasive Imperative (Operative)

Just avoid these, putting a point in something that does nothing is silly when you can put into a place that actually gives you a benefit.

Talents with misinformation:
Sedatives (Operative) - This works but it has an unfortunate side-effect. When the sleep dart wears off the debuff triggers on the mob, that mob will aggro you even though you're miles away in stealth. So if you like creeping around dont take this talent.
Lethal Dose(Shared) - This is tricky to confirm 100% but it does look like this does not affect your kolto probe ticks.

I'll try and keep this updated. Any help would be appreciated.

DavidRHall
02.06.2012 , 03:38 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by tfuller View Post
Sedatives (Operative) - This works but it has an unfortunate side-effect. When the sleep dart wears off the debuff triggers on the mob, that mob will aggro you even though you're miles away in stealth. So if you like creeping around dont take this talent.
This explains a lot. People kept telling me about darting NPCs on the way past, and not getting aggro. I ALWAYS got attacked and stuck in combat. After a respec, it stopped happening, and yes, I did drop sedatives, now that you mention it.

I love the idea of this ability, and it helps a single target DPSers to help survive fights where a silver or gold in thrown in, but not if it puts us at a disadvantage for stealth.
Gen. Nadea Aheda - Imperial Agent Operative
<Imperial Mercenary Corps> Revolution is liberation.
This one screams your name, Jedi.