Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Operations Question

cipher_nemo
02.06.2012 , 10:05 AM | #1
Locks and resets.

What I understand so far...

The operations are reset once a week (ie: Tuesday) so that groups can run them no more than once a week for credit. And anyone can join someone else's operations to pick up and help them where they left off. Also, the bosses are lock points, so that as long as we have the ops in our mission log, the bosses we've defeated don't respawn. However, after an undetermined period of time the speeder will go away and the trash mobs will respawn.

What I don't understand...

How does that weekly lock affect individuals helping out groups who are continuing from a specific point? For example: I have a group with 7 people who're at the final boss, and we invite one new person join us to finish it. If we finish the ops, will that new person have their entire ops locked for one week in that they'll be unable to finish it from the beginning with another group?

Thanks.

cipher_nemo
02.06.2012 , 11:40 AM | #2
No one on right now knows?

Daovin
02.06.2012 , 12:01 PM | #3
That person gets saved to the owner of the operation's lockout.
"They come, marching, believing themselves equal to the army of ancients that chained me. But I am not of their time."
―The Infernal One

jonnybigboy
02.06.2012 , 12:13 PM | #4
In other words, your 7 guys are 3/5 in EV (pylons down, now on council). Random Pugger joins you who has no lockout.

When he tries to zone in, he will get a warning stating that he's about to get locked out of content he hasn't done yet.

If no bosses die, he gets no lockout. He can join another Ops group and start from scratch.

If y'all beat council, Random Pugger is now locked to 4/5 in EV. He can only do Soa for the remainder of the week on that difficulty level.

Nessirin
02.06.2012 , 12:14 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Daovin View Post
Pretty much this, unless they don't need gear from the operation, they get screwed. Unless of course,its a guildie, in which case I'm sure they'd be happy to help the guild.

Also Daovin, I'm glad you didn't put the 50 times he mentions korriban, in your sig.

cipher_nemo
02.06.2012 , 03:12 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Daovin View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by jonnybigboy View Post
When he tries to zone in, he will get a warning stating that he's about to get locked out of content he hasn't done yet.
Thanks for the valuable help and clarification on this!